Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 1d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

G'day everyone, recently in the cold weather that we have been having I have noticed that my XR6T is idling higher then usual (950 or so revs in neutral and 800 roughly in drive). Also the temperature guage is often under 1/4 even after driving for hours. I think the car has been going through a fair bit more fuel then usual lately aswell.

Just wondering if maybe the engine isnt getting hot enough and therefore the "Engine Computer Choke" so to speak is still on???

On the highway the instant fuel consumption reading is rarely under 10L/100km's and is often in the 11's.

Any ideas???

Cheers Jero

GTech tested 14.12 @ 103.9mph over the 1/4 with 2 people in the car... Not bad for an "untouched" XR6T I would think...

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

It should warm up more than that, it isnt THAT cold in Adelaide. I would have a look at the cooling system perhaps? Maybe the thermostat is opening too early. On cold mornings my engine warms up to half way between 1/4 and 1/2.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 10d
Posted
:stirthepot: yeh sounds like that the thermostat is opening to early and not allowing your ecu to get out of cold start enrichment, hence the high idle and the higher fuel consumption
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 1d
Posted

It gets into temps of under 0 where I am and I have never really seen my temp gague any where but where it always is, which is just over 1/3..

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 25d
Posted

When the temp is below 8-10 degrees (usually nights), My guage sits on exactly 1/4 in the F6. It isnt untill u push a little that it goes slightly higher (1/3) then comes back to 1/4.

  • Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gawler
Posted
G'day everyone, recently in the cold weather that we have been having I have noticed that my XR6T is idling higher then usual (950 or so revs in neutral and 800 roughly in drive). Also the temperature guage is often under 1/4 even after driving for hours. I think the car has been going through a fair bit more fuel then usual lately aswell.

Just wondering if maybe the engine isnt getting hot enough and therefore the "Engine Computer Choke" so to speak is still on???

On the highway the instant fuel consumption reading is rarely under 10L/100km's and is often in the 11's.

Any ideas???

Cheers Jero

GTech tested 14.12 @ 103.9mph over the 1/4 with 2 people in the car... Not bad for an "untouched" XR6T I would think...

Hey mate, Im in the same weather and my cars exposed to the elements at night and parked outside all day...I dont have any of the same issues. Temp gauge is normal, economy is good. I'd be checkin it out....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...