F6ijustwantone Member 10 Member For: 20y 3m 2d Posted 07/07/06 01:30 PM Posted 07/07/06 01:30 PM Hi all, I'm a few weeks away from buying a BF F6 in Ego and was hoping you guys could help me out with a couple of queries on options for seat and steering wheel? Seats: I've seen the cloth seats, looks very nice for standard seats. Haven't seen the leather though, what are peoples thoughts? Do they look better, are they worth the extra, or neither? And optional steering wheel, same questions really, is it better to drive with than the standard? And from what I'm seeing on this site as far as bargaining on new prices goes around $5K off RRP seems to be fairly achievable, is that pretty much peoples experiences? (I'm in Perth if that makes a difference)Thanks for the help everyone.
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 2d Location: Perth Posted 07/07/06 02:26 PM Posted 07/07/06 02:26 PM If you like leather seats, option the car with it. Having bought a F6 auto, I spoke to a few dealers and they had the same opinion of the leather interior; probably not worth any extra considering the climate in Perth. Simply too uncomfortable in summer.The big steering wheel is a nice option. I didn't order the car with one due to the wait it would have incurred. Likewise with the 19" wheels.You'll find the best deals are to be had with cars in stock. I bought my Bionic F6 auto for a tad over $60k driveaway incl ORC and dealer delivery.Happy shopping
INPURSUIT Fastest Taxi In Melbourne Legacy Donating Member 701 Member For: 20y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/07/06 03:28 PM Posted 07/07/06 03:28 PM leather without a doubt, it feels better, more comfortable, and easier to keep clean and maintain
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 07/07/06 03:37 PM Posted 07/07/06 03:37 PM leather without a doubt, it feels better, more comfortable, and easier to keep clean and maintain←
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/07/06 03:57 PM Posted 07/07/06 03:57 PM As above. I've had some pretty warm days with the leather, and with climate control and A PAIR OF PANTS haven't had any 'warm weather leather issues'. Get it man.As for the wheel, well I love mine. Hand grip goodness.
freaky Member 29 Member For: 20y 5m 8d Posted 10/07/06 01:57 AM Posted 10/07/06 01:57 AM I optioned the leather. Looks and feels nice. With climate control I dont see what the issue is with the warmer weather.Did the same with the steering wheel. nicer grip than the standard one.
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Location: Perth WA Posted 10/07/06 04:47 AM Posted 10/07/06 04:47 AM yeh the wheel option is worth getting I reckon.. feels awesome to drive with it..as for leather, up to your own tastes.. ive had leather in my last few cars and got sick of the way it creases etc so I opted for fabric - would have taken a few extra weeks to get leather anyway so worked out better for me.
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Location: Perth WA Posted 10/07/06 04:50 AM Posted 10/07/06 04:50 AM heres a starting point for neg's haha.. never used them before but you never know!!http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/FPV/FPV-F6-Typhoon-BF.cfm
davef Member 42 Member For: 22y 10m 10d Posted 10/07/06 10:12 AM Posted 10/07/06 10:12 AM heres a starting point for neg's haha.. never used them before but you never know!!http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/FPV/FPV-F6-Typhoon-BF.cfm←I tried these guys, and they were very quick off the mark to get in touch, next day if I recall. But when I actually asked them to confirm prices things went very quiet. If you get any kind of fleet pricing, I dont think they will be better.However, that's my experience and you may be luckier. Give them a try, it won't hurt.
davef Member 42 Member For: 22y 10m 10d Posted 10/07/06 10:20 AM Posted 10/07/06 10:20 AM I had Sports Leather on my Turbo with Sports Steering Wheel - loved both of them.When I bought my Phoon I swapped the wheel over (the standard one is terrible for a car like this), but could not justify the extra cost for leather.I am very happy with the standard seats they are good, but would have equally been happy with leather."You pays your money and makes your choice"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now