Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 12d
Posted

I was reading some info in the paper last weekend about glass fiber and carbon bonnets that there was to be a crack down due to the shattering effect and the injuries caused by the sharp shards.

as for me I like option d. Will just have to wait and see what car I own in a few weeks the purple lemon :gooff: is goin.

  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Well when it comes down to the street its not wise to get CF or fibreglass, I can see their reasoning quite easily for that little law...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Indeed. Decapitation anyone?

I think I'm over the modded bonnet thing now anyway. There's nothing like a nice sheen from a good polishing job - vents would just ruin it.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

what should I do with a black car??

does the carbon look good or should I colour code it??

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d
Posted

Sorry to hijack this thread but what about a vent like the Evo?

Anyone know where I could pick up an Evo bonnet or a custom vent like it.

post-8126-1154575647_thumb.jpg

  • Team Bute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
Anyone know where I could pick up an Evo bonnet or a custom vent like it.

post-8126-1154575647_thumb.jpg

:blink:

At a mitsi spare parts counter, of course.

:laughing:

  • THE Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
this one was knocked up by djjase on the fordforums I reckon it looks nice and neat personally I'd prefer something like this

<div class='bbimg'>

xr62.gif
</div>

I like this job the best, not too over done :laughing:

Chooka

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 9d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
post-3269-1154586212_thumb.jpgme over it long time ago, I did alot of research , carbon fibre and fibre glass are illegal in vic and most other states. Companies that sell them will tell you they have never had any problems however the law states adr`s must be met ADR97 in particular (from memory) . I decided to go with the H.O option would have like some of the nissan type or even evo vents but weren`t pratical.
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d
Posted
Anyone know where I could pick up an Evo bonnet or a custom vent like it.

post-8126-1154575647_thumb.jpg

:bouncey:

At a mitsi spare parts counter, of course.

:blink:

Yeah, Yeah to expensive smart :laughing:

Ever priced genuine new parts.

Wreckers are the next choice but try and find one with a Evo that has'nt been sold before it arrives at the yard.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

do you want just the grill or the whole bonnet??

I have an evo grill mould at the workshop if you want a grill made up for you metal bonnet it can be done.

but if you want a fibre bonnet best to speak to awc

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...