Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Ford XR6 Turbo.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buy Now Or Wait For The Mkii?

Featured Replies

#1

the lease on my BA is now due and I have a decision to make. Do I order a new Turbo now or roll the lease monthly and wait for the MKII if it is going to be significantly different?

The kid in me says do it now (hanging out for a manual after 36 months in an auto) but the dealers and Ford help line can't give me much detail on what will the MKII bring. November 06 is supposedly when it is due.

Anyone got any ideas on the changes for MKII other than the usual wheels, badges, minor trim etc?

#2

I would buy now, as the mk1 - mk2 updates are generally not significant.

I also would testdrive a ZF auto as it is VERY different to the old 4 speed ION slushbox. I think you would prefer it over a manual.

I do not think anyone on here could tell you what the mk2 will have as it is a well kept secret.

#3

I wouldn't be waiting around, the BF's are pretty good.

#4

You never know.... :spoton:

Ford might have to make the BF2 something special, as they are still behind dunnydoor sales, even with the old soon to be superseded model. :pinch:

#5

I will say wait for it mate. its bound to be better than the BF Series 1 in one way or another.

#6

I love it.

'tis a fair question and worthy of being asked, but will there ever be a different answer than those given above?

Unless there are known features in the MkII that you want, it comes down to the price you can get a MkI for, and if you're willing to wait for MkII and pay the higher price.

Not having a go, not knocking anyone's opinions, just amused at how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

#7

I'd wait, I'd also wait and take a VE for a test drive :blush:

With VE around the corner Mkii may be a more significant upgrade than Mkii updgrades have been in the past, even if it's not it will still be newer and have better re sale than a Mkii. On the flip side if you do wait and don't think it's worth it you can then do a deal on a runout Mki

#8

Just go and test drive a BF. If you like it, buy it. If not, wait.

#9

I would wait for the BFII then when that come's out......... Oh hang on BG is comming in 12 months then when that comes out............ BGII is coming in 6months!!! Just get the BF, nothing wrong with a BF!! :fool:

Or you could wait for the BZ due around 2020 I hear it will be awesome!!! :blush::ermm:

Chooka

#10

Mate if you wait and there is bugger all difference, then you can get a good run out deal on the MkI. Food for thought.

Scotty

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.