turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 29/06/06 03:48 AM Posted 29/06/06 03:48 AM I thought the stock converter was rated at 1800~2000 rpmIf you were stalling it up to 2500 rpm, there may have been some ECU intervention.... ( not to mention heat in the trans )A launch at 1800 rpm in a stocky should be more than adequate for a PB.Try again launching at 1800~2000 rpm, and compare your times.By the way, a 13 in a stocky is a bloody good result.tom
mrits Member 13 Member For: 20y 3m 5d Posted 29/06/06 07:44 AM Author Posted 29/06/06 07:44 AM I thought the stock converter was rated at 1800~2000 rpmIf you were stalling it up to 2500 rpm, there may have been some ECU intervention.... ( not to mention heat in the trans )A launch at 1800 rpm in a stocky should be more than adequate for a PB.Try again launching at 1800~2000 rpm, and compare your times.By the way, a 13 in a stocky is a bloody good result.tom←yeah thx I mite give it ago next time round, but I do however feel I can get a better take off and maybe even better my time. I do know that my car is running rich (it was put on a diagnostic tool and came up rich.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 29/06/06 08:01 AM Posted 29/06/06 08:01 AM Are you sure its stock.I had the same issue with my Unichip ecu.I had 220rwkw and a doughy spot when trying to stall it up to 2200rpm.I couldnt better a [email protected] 60FT.Some real time tuning ironed out the bug.Did you buy the car second hand cause it may have a piggyback ecu on it.Just a thought
mrits Member 13 Member For: 20y 3m 5d Posted 29/06/06 01:49 PM Author Posted 29/06/06 01:49 PM Are you sure its stock.I had the same issue with my Unichip ecu.I had 220rwkw and a doughy spot when trying to stall it up to 2200rpm.I couldnt better a [email protected] 60FT.Some real time tuning ironed out the bug.Did you buy the car second hand cause it may have a piggyback ecu on it.Just a thought ←yeah I got it brand new from ford, when you ran yours what tyre pressure were you on and what size tyres, was it grippy or did it spin and was the traction control off or on,I had my stock rims on 30psi for the rear and 35psi front, and when I droped it more I could notmatch my time or better it and I felt it spin on take off.
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/07/06 10:13 AM Posted 02/07/06 10:13 AM Are you sure its stock.I had the same issue with my Unichip ecu.I had 220rwkw and a doughy spot when trying to stall it up to 2200rpm.I couldnt better a [email protected] 60FT.Some real time tuning ironed out the bug.Did you buy the car second hand cause it may have a piggyback ecu on it.Just a thought ←yeah I got it brand new from ford, when you ran yours what tyre pressure were you on and what size tyres, was it grippy or did it spin and was the traction control off or on,I had my stock rims on 30psi for the rear and 35psi front, and when I droped it more I could notmatch my time or better it and I felt it spin on take off.←My best time with the std 17" Dunlops was with 20 psi in the rear.Not a huge burnout.... just a few seconds to warm them up a bit.60 foot time was still slow, at 2.1 seconds, and I managed 12.8 @ 117mphhoping to better that at BVWE2 with some M/T 's
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Posted 02/07/06 12:48 PM Posted 02/07/06 12:48 PM how do you get a 13.7 out of a stock T 4 speed, that's unpossible, is your car a F6 typhoon or something?
mrits Member 13 Member For: 20y 3m 5d Posted 03/07/06 03:33 PM Author Posted 03/07/06 03:33 PM how do you get a 13.7 out of a stock T 4 speed, that's unpossible, is your car a F6 typhoon or something?←no. just a normal xr6t ba with no mods, I have been driving cars for a while on the track but its all about the take off. if you can master that you've got a good time. I will however go again this week and will keep you posted, I hope to better my time (im going for a 13.5) but this time with new tyres. (get a bit more grip on takeoff)
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 10/07/06 02:40 AM Posted 10/07/06 02:40 AM how do you get a 13.7 out of a stock T 4 speed, that's unpossible, is your car a F6 typhoon or something?←no. just a normal xr6t ba with no mods, I have been driving cars for a while on the track but its all about the take off. if you can master that you've got a good time. I will however go again this week and will keep you posted, I hope to better my time (im going for a 13.5) but this time with new tyres. (get a bit more grip on takeoff) ←what were your other times for the night and at what 60ft and mph did you do the 13.7
mrits Member 13 Member For: 20y 3m 5d Posted 14/07/06 07:47 AM Author Posted 14/07/06 07:47 AM my 6oft was 2.115 @101mph with 13.776, 1hr later a 2.163 60ft @ 100mph with 13.957
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now