Cowiesxr6t Member 249 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Qld Posted 01/06/06 09:23 AM Author Posted 01/06/06 09:23 AM Hi Cowiesxr6t my turbo also is on its last legs... could you tell me if your turbo is being rebuilt or replaced...←SamSXR6TThe turbo is getting a full rebuilt. Wife was surpose to pick it up today but will be tomorrow. Will let you guys know what the outcome was.CheersPaul
Cowiesxr6t Member 249 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Qld Posted 01/06/06 09:26 AM Author Posted 01/06/06 09:26 AM how often did you service the car?←car has been serviced at all the right intervals. Ford has done the last two.....Paul
built2redline Member 187 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Location: sh*tney Posted 01/06/06 09:36 AM Posted 01/06/06 09:36 AM just asking because I allways thought that 15000ks between services was a bit much for a turbo carit would be interesting to see if a car serviced every 5000ks would have had the same problem
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 01/06/06 10:15 AM Posted 01/06/06 10:15 AM yeah built2redline I service my car between 5000 and 7500km with castrol edge full synthetic..
built2redline Member 187 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Location: sh*tney Posted 01/06/06 10:50 AM Posted 01/06/06 10:50 AM so what makes you thinkyour turbo is on its way out?I mean what are the symptoms?
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 01/06/06 11:23 AM Posted 01/06/06 11:23 AM Spoke to a tuner who was installing a new actuator for me... he had to pull the turbo out and noticed all the fines on the turbo are all bent backwards... could be a number of thing that could have caused this to happen... I also have the extended warranty and had the gearbox replaced 3 months ago and I was reading your thread and thought that I might try to get a replacement turbo under warranty but it might be difficult going by my history with the box... I could not be bothered to strip the car to stock standard, so ill bay the $3000 to supply and fit...
von Boosthofen Member 15 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Location: Mackay, Qld Posted 02/06/06 10:31 AM Posted 02/06/06 10:31 AM G'day Paul,So who is the Mackay performance shop you refer to? Sounds like a decent recommendation to me. Some of us also have extended warranties that we're not too worried about invalidating Anywho I'm glad things worked out OK.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 6d Posted 03/06/06 11:43 PM Posted 03/06/06 11:43 PM The extended warranty sounds interesting.Is this through the Ford dealer, or where can I get one. MY car is under lease but I intend to keep it fo 3 years more than the warranty. I should be able to buy the ext warranty through the vehicle lease. Saves a few dollars.
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 04/06/06 01:50 AM Posted 04/06/06 01:50 AM Extended warranty is fantastic if you haven’t got major mods done to your car... Ford would also not be in a position to replace certain parts under warranty if they feel that mods that you have added to your car caused the damage...
Cowiesxr6t Member 249 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Qld Posted 05/06/06 02:28 AM Author Posted 05/06/06 02:28 AM Hi AllHave the car back now and running like new again. Big thanks to Jam Performance who done all the work.It looks like there was a there was no oil geeting to the turbo. The oil line that runs to the turbo was built up with carbon deposit. They cut 9" of the line and was clogged up with deposit not letting the oil to the turbo.Not sure how long it had been that way as I said in the first post there was NO warning that the turbo was on its way out. As I said it sat there for a couple of days in the shed and then kicked it over???So all good now.Paul
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now