ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 9d Posted 29/05/06 10:50 AM Posted 29/05/06 10:50 AM Installed this type of reverse parking sensor today. Purchased from ebay for $30. Apart from the price it goes behind the plastic of the bumper and there are no sign of it being fitted. Two good selling points.Pictures show;Location of the inside unit. I decided to put this in the same place the Ford unit. It does come with a led display so it can be mounted on the parcel shalf or they suggest on the roof near the window. I decided I only wanted the beeps so I mounted it out of sight.Location of where I placed the black box that operates the system. Connected into the reversing light in that corner for power.The magnitic detection tube mounted inside the bumper. I think I could have mounted it a bit higher in the bumper. Had to drill a small hole into the boot to pass the wire through.The system works well as and there is a sensitivity adjustment if required. The detector is sensitive enough to pick up changes in the road surface when reversing. that's sometimes annoying. That also why I think I could have mounted it a little higher. I have tested it using a mates car and the rubbish bin. Going only on the beeps I parked 15cm from both safely.Just went looking on ebay can't find a link at present. The guy only selld one at a time.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/05/06 11:00 AM Posted 29/05/06 11:00 AM Good stuff - certainly better than the ugly button holes on the factory setup.Pretty good price tag as well
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/05/06 11:11 AM Posted 29/05/06 11:11 AM So when the reverse light come on, powers the unit and beep beep Gotcha.Looks pretty simple.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 18d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 29/05/06 11:24 AM Posted 29/05/06 11:24 AM Looks good if you can find the link that would be great
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 9d Posted 29/05/06 12:36 PM Author Posted 29/05/06 12:36 PM Looks good if you can find the link that would be great ←Here is the link from a closed item. He puts one kit on every ~24hrs. Otherwise contact him on his email address [email protected]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/INVISIBLE-REVERSE-S...1QQcmdZViewItemI noticed they have now gone to $32 Buy it Now. Getting popular I guess.
4LTURBO Member 57 Member For: 20y 10m 13d Location: Gawler, Adelaide Posted 14/07/06 01:02 AM Posted 14/07/06 01:02 AM I like it, I always thought they'd come in handy, but didnt like the look of 4 buttons across the bumper... thinking about getting a set for the front too, to stop scrapage... especially now that I have my cooler, which hangs to the very bottom of the front bar. what do you think you'd wire it up to for the front though? just wire it up to a switch I spose?
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 14/07/06 01:12 AM Posted 14/07/06 01:12 AM Nice work, I always wondered why they couldnt make it invisible... I guess being a magnetic annode detector it can be hidden. The ultrasonic sensors cannot be mounted behind any surface as this would make them useless.
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 16/07/06 03:11 AM Posted 16/07/06 03:11 AM sounds good, I hate it when I get hoes in my bumper!!
SHOWDOWN BACK SLOWER THEN EVER! Member 706 Member For: 19y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/08 02:35 AM Posted 17/01/08 02:35 AM I just bought one of these systems, looks simple enough to fit.Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the rear bumper bar?Ozzie
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now