DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 29/05/06 06:32 AM Posted 29/05/06 06:32 AM After numerous amount of times trying to get the brake squeal fixed on my Fpv premiums from CITY FORD (crown st)I replaced the pads myself which eliminated the squeal but did'nt machine the disc because City Ford said they were going to do this next time I brought it in,I then get a phone call from there customer services asking if have been happy with my GT and City Ford so I told about my brake squeal issue of the last 6 months she then rung me back a day later and that she had spoken to the service manager and told me that Ford dont machine premium brakes because they wear away the groves on the rotors Its no big issue as I've fixed the problem myself but I just cant believe the that comes out of these guys who work in Ford service
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Posted 29/05/06 06:34 AM Posted 29/05/06 06:34 AM Ergh I know what you mean.Some dealers are a complete joke, not to mention Ford CRC themselves.Find a new dealer I say!
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/05/06 06:43 AM Posted 29/05/06 06:43 AM After numerous amount of times trying to get the brake squeal fixed on my Fpv premiums from CITY FORD (crown st)I replaced the pads myself which eliminated the squeal but did'nt machine the disc because City Ford said they were going to do this next time I brought it in,I then get a phone call from there customer services asking if have been happy with my GT and City Ford so I told about my brake squeal issue of the last 6 months she then rung me back a day later and that she had spoken to the service manager and told me that Ford dont machine premium brakes because they wear away the groves on the rotors Its no big issue as I've fixed the problem myself but I just cant believe the that comes out of these guys who work in Ford service ←I've had this before, The customer "Service" people just beleive what the Tech tells them from the dealership!!Chooka
Guest Guests Posted 29/05/06 08:03 AM Posted 29/05/06 08:03 AM DBOSS,that's odd, even with Dimitri as your service advisor? or did you manage to get stuck with someone else?I've taken the ute to him many times and it's always come away with all I'd expect...hmmm, was it a female that called you to see if everything was satisfactory?Darren
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Canberra Posted 29/05/06 08:09 AM Posted 29/05/06 08:09 AM a female called me and asked about my service.. and then tried to explain that the 23km drive they thrashed my car on was a standard road test then she went nice and quiet when I politely told her that the car was in service for an indicator fault and no road test was needed.. the silence was priceless!
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 25d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 29/05/06 08:39 AM Posted 29/05/06 08:39 AM Do you guys reckon diff whine and tyre noise sound the same???FORD DO well that's the excuse I got once before
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/05/06 08:40 AM Posted 29/05/06 08:40 AM I asked Ford to fix a slow leak in one of my 245/40/18 tyres a month back.Sorry sir,1. We dont have that size tyre2. Your tyres are tubeless, so we cant put a tube in
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 25d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 29/05/06 08:43 AM Posted 29/05/06 08:43 AM 2. Your tyres are tubeless, so we cant put a tube inROFL
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m Location: On the edge Posted 29/05/06 08:51 AM Posted 29/05/06 08:51 AM 18' tyres cannot be fitted with a tube because tube manufacturers don't make them. But if you want to take chances you could always get them to overinflate a 15' tube until it's tissue paper thin and explodes when you run over a peice of road gravel.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 29/05/06 09:14 AM Posted 29/05/06 09:14 AM (edited) Hey Ford tech,I have a white residue build up on my engine tappet cover,(red section) its at the front and its also over the injection. What is it, sorry no pics yet. Edited 29/05/06 09:19 AM by SHOCKXR6T
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now