XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 28/05/06 06:04 AM Posted 28/05/06 06:04 AM Wonder how much a 18 inch is going to cost? Would somewhere in the $300s be a reasonable guess or are they going to be more like 450 - 500 as per the SP9000? I would love to put some decent tyres on my 18 inch wheels but I do very little kms, therefore its hard to chuck away the crap that's on there with only 12,000 kms on the clock!
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 28/05/06 06:33 AM Posted 28/05/06 06:33 AM Hey Cro,You may not remember, but we discussed lighting and tyres when you were in Melb for BVW1, at Geea's BBQ a while back. Anyway.... I'm considering a rear tyre change, I've currently got Hankook K104s in 19s, and while they are acceptable there aren't as grippy as I'd like. On the front they handle quite well and turn in response is at least equal to the original SP9000s. On the rear though, they don't compare to the SP9000s. When new (ie couple hundred kms) they were equal to half worn out SP9000s (ie rear end grip). I know Geea has Michelins on the back of his, and he has the same tyre size as me, 275/30R19. Is this the same tyre ? Craig, please throw in your comments !!Do you think these PP2s would be suitable. Like I don't really care too much about wear (as long as you get at least 15000-20000km), but I want them to be grippy and still be good in the wet (ie. semi drag tyres need not apply !!). I figure they are probably expensive, but what in life isn't ?Oh another thing, anyone know any places which offer good prices on these in Melbourne.CheersRobin.←Hi Robin. I'm running the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's on the back of mine in 275/30R19. They are awesome and I'd highly recommend them.Ask Jack or Derek how they we're holding on as I went past the SS ute semi sideways yesterday. They are so far superior to the Hankooks I had on previously, it's like 2 different cars.When I get my next set of rear tyres I will be getting the same again.Geea.
xlnt6 Legacy Donating Member 350 Member For: 21y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 28/05/06 07:23 AM Posted 28/05/06 07:23 AM Thanks guys for the replies. So;Mate I think the Pilot Sport 2's would be perfect for you. Does that mean the PP2 isn't suitable ? Looking at the website, I'd say the sport is a higher performing (and I assume grippier) tyre than the PP2 ? BTW I have 9 inch rears.When I get my next set of rear tyres I will be getting the same again.Craig, so if Cro says they aren't normally available in Oz in the 275/30R19, can I ask where/who you got them from, how much and how long they take to get ?Cheers,thanks again. Robin.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/05/06 07:27 AM Author Posted 28/05/06 07:27 AM The PS2 is the flag ship tyre therefore it is better than the PP2.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 28/05/06 08:21 AM Posted 28/05/06 08:21 AM Thanks guys for the replies. So;Mate I think the Pilot Sport 2's would be perfect for you. Does that mean the PP2 isn't suitable ? Looking at the website, I'd say the sport is a higher performing (and I assume grippier) tyre than the PP2 ? BTW I have 9 inch rears.When I get my next set of rear tyres I will be getting the same again.Craig, so if Cro says they aren't normally available in Oz in the 275/30R19, can I ask where/who you got them from, how much and how long they take to get ?Cheers,thanks again. Robin.←Give me a ring Robin I'll explain all.Geea.
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/05/06 02:30 AM Posted 29/05/06 02:30 AM think about it...those who know sydneyand know the james ruse on ramp to the m4 west to penrith turn...hitting about 110 around that corner in g3s pushing it to 140 and then the tyres start fighting for the grip20s in cheap sh*t tyres...hitting the same corner at 110 and luckying surviving a crossup all 4 tyre drift around the cornersomething to think about←I wouldn't think to call PP2's "cheap sh*t"
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 29/05/06 03:04 AM Posted 29/05/06 03:04 AM Ok CroJust been down to my Tyre Dealer, I can gert these in 18 inch for about $340 per corneror I can get Pirelli P Zero Rossos for around $360 after $100 bucks cash back, so they are worth around $460 a corner but are on special at the moment. What should I get??
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/05/06 03:27 AM Author Posted 29/05/06 03:27 AM I don't know what the Rosso's are like mate.I've tried the Pirelli P Zero Nero, and found them noisy, not so grippy in the dry and a bit too flexible in the sidewalls.If the Rosso's are the same, go the Michelin's....
bangm001 Member 307 Member For: 20y 9m 23d Posted 29/05/06 04:07 AM Posted 29/05/06 04:07 AM Ok CroJust been down to my Tyre Dealer, I can gert these in 18 inch for about $340 per corneror I can get Pirelli P Zero Rossos for around $360 after $100 bucks cash back, so they are worth around $460 a corner but are on special at the moment. What should I get??←Is that for 245/40 ZR18s?? Or 235?
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 29/05/06 04:27 AM Posted 29/05/06 04:27 AM 235, its a fair bit more expensive to go for 245s, either way it doesnt bother me providing they are a decent brand and stick in the wet...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now