Reversing Camera

God666

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 24d
So - for people who have connected to the ICC for video - how has this been done?

Do you have to have a $400 converter, or can you connect directly if you have the right format?

How do you switch the ICC from Ford stuff to the camera?

Cutsnake did a lot of work fitting a Digital TV input to the ICC. From what I can gather, he opted to use a switch to change between display inputs. This Link should take you directly to his zip file.

His Topic can be found here.

Thanks for the links Cobrav8

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 1m 4d

So... from that document it looks like you can feed the video straight into the ICC, and you would only need a switch and a camera. (less than $100). But.... it needs to be in NTSC format, whereas these cameras seem to be in PAL format. Converters are $200 American!

So - Cutsnake - am I right???

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 14d

you should be able to get NTSC cameras from eBay USA.

It could be a cheaper solution, that works.

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members

Yep, agree, there are lots of NTSC cameras around. Ebay is certainly a good place to start. Just try to make sure it is relatively waterproof. Many of them refer to an IP67 case which from what I can gather is some sort of camera waterproofing standard! It doesn't seem to refer to the case shape as I have seen several refering to IP67 but totally different shapes. They have all referred to being waterproof though.

The big issue is getting it small enough to fit into the confines of the trim. I did look at putting it into the spoiler which would have been possible however, a hell of a lot of work.

• Member For: 19y 1m 4d

In my case the camera is going on the back of the trailer - so I might get a big ugly cheap one with infrared lights - so I can see behind in the dark as well.

Off to Ebay for a look then.

• Tractor Driver
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d
Many of them refer to an IP67 case which from what I can gather is some sort of camera waterproofing standard!  It doesn't seem to refer to the case shape as I have seen several refering to IP67 but totally different shapes. They have all referred to being waterproof though.

IP ratings are Australian Standards for Ingress Protection ... there's a table here.

• Member For: 17y 11m 3d

Hi all. This is my first post. FirstlyI would like to congradulate you on you AWESOME forum. It is by far the best forum that I have ever seen. The wealth of knownldge here is absolutely amazing.

Getting back onto the topic at hand. I just purchased my XR6T and have decided to do some mods Eg:- Dvd, reversing camera (cause my missus is a scary driver)and a set of Alpine SPR-57LS Splits.

Until 2 years ago I was a Custom car audio Installer Based in Central Queensland. I recently sopke to my old boss about fitting a dvd system to my premium system. He told me that Alpine now make a hub that connects to the original system (Screen) and from memory it gives you 2 Av inputs (I will verify this soon)plus a reversing camera option.

It is now available and retails for around ! grand. He said that it was reasonably easy to install. He had a few Pics there on Monitors that he had installed in the lower part of the dash (Where the lighter is). I will try to get a copy when I go back to see him in 2 weeks time... This is where I will be putting my Dvd. I really like this option as it gave me more versatility with my system and required as little modification as possible.

It will not give me a direct link to post here.

Here is a link to the alpine site.

On the left hand column in the top of thr grey section is "Vehicle hub"

http://www.alpine.com.au/default.html#

Hope you find this helpful...... Cheers :spoton:

It looks like it has not been updated yet. I have ordered mine. it should be here soon. I will keep you posted.

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members

Thanks for the info and welcome to the Forum. You are right, there is some great info on this site..... and a bunch of crap as well.

Enjoy.

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
So...  can someone confirm or deny if we can connect a NTSC camera?

It is at about this point in the technical side that I run out of talent. I suspect that Cutsnake is the man to answer this one definitively or possibly Ani.

Suggest a PM to him (note he was last online 21 May).