ByeByeRB26 New Member 9 Member For: 20y 5m 17d Posted 03/05/06 12:48 PM Posted 03/05/06 12:48 PM Hi guys.I have a 04 Ba XR6T and I am planning to modify it in the near future. I will be aiming for 300-330rwkw.The mods I plan on doing to achieve this kind of power is,Intercooler + pipinginjectorsAir intake swap with batterywastegate actuatorEdit + tuneMy question is can this power be achieved with the std exhaust, I keep hearing mixed stories. Some say the std exhaust is a great design and does not need to be changed, some say its crap and its one of the 1st mods ppl makeI would prefer to leave it std as I would like to keep my car quiet as possibleAlso I hear mixed stories about the fuel pump, some say it has enough flow for this kind of power? is this true?any feedback would be appreciatedThanksByeByeRB26
andyturbo Member 500 Member For: 22y 6m 20d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/06 01:09 PM Posted 03/05/06 01:09 PM The cat will need changing for sure with that type of power, not sure about the whole system though..good luck with your beast
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/05/06 01:29 PM Posted 03/05/06 01:29 PM I know a few guys have changed the Cat and removed centre muffler and achieved ~300rwkw's.
ugy Legacy Donating Member 199 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Auckland Posted 03/05/06 08:03 PM Posted 03/05/06 08:03 PM Going by my mods I would say changing to a good hiflo cat and keeping the standard exhaust system will get 300rw easy
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 03/05/06 08:22 PM Posted 03/05/06 08:22 PM Agree the above advice. To meet your requirements just changing the cat out for a decent one would suffice.Dingah
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now