xr6tblueprint Member 144 Member For: 20y 9m 25d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 30/04/06 01:25 AM Posted 30/04/06 01:25 AM Hi all, I have recently fitted the Philips crystal vision globes to all of my high/low, high and fog lights on my ba xr6t and found them to have exceptional light output and very pleased with the result, however can anyone tell me the method to adjust them downwards as I keep getting flashed by other drivers when on low beam so I presume they are a bit high.I found the adjusting screw/knob but want to know if there is a certain height they should be against a wall from a certain distance or is it just a matter of trial and error until you get it right?
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 30/04/06 01:40 AM Posted 30/04/06 01:40 AM There is a device they use which measures the height of the bullseye, but I find the best way to do it is to find a flat stretch of straight road at night, sit in your car and look at how far away the light shines, then adjust it down until its at a suitable distance to see what you need to see.
xr6tblueprint Member 144 Member For: 20y 9m 25d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 30/04/06 02:08 AM Author Posted 30/04/06 02:08 AM thanks, I thought that may be the best way. cheers Huw
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 01/05/06 07:25 AM Posted 01/05/06 07:25 AM At about 5 metres back from a wall (on level ground) the horizontal cut-off should be about 50mm lower than the headlight centre. If you do a lot of towing or travel frequently with people in the rear seat you can drop them a further 25mm. This will stop you from geting flashed by oncoming drivers, or better yet it may stop one from running into you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now