Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Weird Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 6d
  • Location: ACT
Posted

Last night I realised quickly the people and others could take things I value greatly away.

My wife went out for dinner with a few friends whilst I stayed home and watched over our 2 small boys. I suggested she take my F6 as she could pick up her friends and they could have a drink or seven, and she would not have to take the kiddie seats out of her Fairmont.

Then at about 10pm I got that gut wrenching phone call I hope I never ever get again.

“We’ve had a crash and the front of the car is gone and the other car has rolled, what do you want me to do…..?” :kissmy:

My wife had left APK in Woden and was turning onto Callum st (yes just up the road from the cop shop) The light was already green when she approached the intersection and another car had already gone through in front of her. Just as she entered the intersection she noticed a fast approaching car in the corner of her eye and slammed on the anchors (which apparently work much better than her cars) and a crappy old XE clipped the front of the Phoon ripping the bumper off, then spun clipped the gutter in the middle of the intersection, veered back across the road, up over the kerb, obliterating the traffic signal control box and came to rest on its drivers side in the grass on the side of the road.

If my wife had not been such an attentive driver he would have hit her square on in the front wheel or possibly the drivers door and would be far worse off and there would be one less Typhoon in the world.

Fortunately she is ok and the car can be fixed.

The worst bit is that in September I ran into the back of an old fart who drove the entire length of a street at 20ks/h then stopped at an intersection to give way to nothing….so the car had a brand new front bar headlight and guard already….now they are just bits of crap in the gutter.

So never take your family for granted, because late one night some stupid bas*ard may take them away from you… :fool:

The worst part was I had spent all day Saturday cleaning it, 2 hours with eucalyptus oil removing all the tar and bug guts, then a wash then a polish….. :laughing:

The one with the police cars is last nights effort, the other is from 6 months ago.

post-543-1145405748_thumb.jpg

post-543-1145405805_thumb.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

Bugger - bit of damage there.

I guess the main thing is that your wife and friends are ok - they could have been badly injured had they gone in her car (which didnt stop as quick).

Maybe you could be the first one to put on a BA XR6T front onto your F6?

  • still kicking around
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay
Posted
:laughing: man that sux, glad your wife knew what to do,it could of been worse, sh*t when I seen the pics I almost cried, sorry to hear, glad no one was injured
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 19d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

I feel your pain mate!!! glad the wife and friends are ok!! that's the most important thing. Whats with canberra??????? first my baby, now yours!! damn! I think canberra has something against Fords!

good luck with the repairs and all mate! I suppose that's 2 more beasts off the road for a while :laughing:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 21d
  • Location: leonay
Posted

the car means nothing comapared to your wife and friends. good to hear theyre ok.

so, did you kill the other driver quickly, or let him die slowly?

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted

Good to see that your wife is ok.Have they booze tested and drug tested the other idiot.

Ian

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted
The worst part was I had spent all day Saturday cleaning it, 2 hours with eucalyptus oil removing all the tar and bug guts, then a wash then a polish….. :kissmy:

Everyones ok so that's the worse part of the whole ordeal. :fool:

Look at it as a positive get a BF bar and you upgrade the look of your car. :laughing:

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Glad everyone was OK :laughing: Might be time for a new BF Phoon to appease the Pharoahs :kissmy:

  • Big Gun
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

Sorry to hear Alex. Anyway, main thing is your wife and friends are all good.

Rob

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...