joostenjohn60 Member 16 Member For: 20y 7m 8d Posted 16/04/06 04:49 AM Posted 16/04/06 04:49 AM Hi all ,We took the BF/T for the first hiway run on Thursday night about 500 kms to Gladstone from Brisbane .I was very impressed how well these cars run on the hiway hard part is keeping to speed limit she runs better at 130 km / 2000 rpm ( 6 speed auto) than at 100ks and when you overtake you are doing 160 before you realize it . Only got 1 speeding ticket at 114 ks which is good because I was coming down from 140 after passing a heap of cars on overtaking lane and I just got all my points back after a years good behaviour on 1 point. Also the fuel ecomony for a car that produces 245 kw is simply wonderful must be that 6 speed auto . I love this car glad we bought it cause we will do a lot more trips away now.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 16/04/06 05:01 AM Posted 16/04/06 05:01 AM We should have a Temporary Citizen Award.....
homerj Member 52 Member For: 22y 11m 18d Location: Berwick,Melbourne Posted 16/04/06 08:00 AM Posted 16/04/06 08:00 AM Isn't that awarded to anyone with a 900cc plus motorbike?
kawerx TerriGhia Legacy Donating Member 206 Member For: 20y 8m 7d Posted 16/04/06 08:05 AM Posted 16/04/06 08:05 AM what sort of economy figures did you get?
bangm001 Member 307 Member For: 20y 9m 23d Posted 16/04/06 08:09 AM Posted 16/04/06 08:09 AM Yeah, that's the main reason for me going turb.. You can cruise in 6th at 110-120km/hr and retain brilliant economy (for an 1800+kilo sedan anyway), but then boost up that turb and overtaking becomes effortless, and like you said, an always licence risking xperience! I prefer mine at speeds like you said than city driving, sits on the road beautifully.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/04/06 09:04 AM Posted 16/04/06 09:04 AM Hi all ,We took the BF/T for the first hiway run on Thursday night about 500 kms to Gladstone from Brisbane .I was very impressed how well these cars run on the hiway hard part is keeping to speed limit she runs better at 130 km / 2000 rpm ( 6 speed auto) than at 100ks and when you overtake you are doing 160 before you realize it . Only got 1 speeding ticket at 114 ks which is good because I was coming down from 140 after passing a heap of cars on overtaking lane and I just got all my points back after a years good behaviour on 1 point. Also the fuel ecomony for a car that produces 245 kw is simply wonderful must be that 6 speed auto . I love this car glad we bought it cause we will do a lot more trips away now. ←The best part about these vehicles is that you don’t have to use the overtaking lanes, and that way avoiding the revenue raisers that are setup next to every second one “for our safety”What took you to Gladstone? Did you partake in the harbour festival?
rednuts81 Get on the end of it..... Member 578 Member For: 20y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 16/04/06 11:25 AM Posted 16/04/06 11:25 AM Hi all ,We took the BF/T for the first hiway run on Thursday night about 500 kms to Gladstone from Brisbane .I was very impressed how well these cars run on the hiway hard part is keeping to speed limit she runs better at 130 km / 2000 rpm ( 6 speed auto) than at 100ks and when you overtake you are doing 160 before you realize it . Only got 1 speeding ticket at 114 ks which is good because I was coming down from 140 after passing a heap of cars on overtaking lane and I just got all my points back after a years good behaviour on 1 point. Also the fuel ecomony for a car that produces 245 kw is simply wonderful must be that 6 speed auto . I love this car glad we bought it cause we will do a lot more trips away now. ←The best part about these vehicles is that you don’t have to use the overtaking lanes, and that way avoiding the revenue raisers that are setup next to every second one “for our safety”What took you to Gladstone? Did you partake in the harbour festival? ←
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 16/04/06 11:40 AM Posted 16/04/06 11:40 AM Hi AllI recently went to Australia Zoo from the Gold Coast and got an average of 9.9L/100km. Incredible economy I reckon.BTW watch out for those speeding fines, they've just been upgraded for repeat offenders, double demerits the second time around I think it was.Take it easy, especially over the Easter break guys.CheersBig AL
joostenjohn60 Member 16 Member For: 20y 7m 8d Posted 16/04/06 01:23 PM Author Posted 16/04/06 01:23 PM Averaged out about 10 l per 100 over trip 2 adults 2 tenagers and luggage I am happy with it.Gladstone is my home town and went to visit my sister If only there were some unlimited speed roads in QLD like in the NT
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now