Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 2d
  • Location: Katanning
Posted

Lot of really good points to read here, got to say feel better about it already. I won't be selling my car in any case anyway. The EL will go way before the T.

In response to a few earlier posts, I did look for used low mileage T's when I brought mine, but if a lot of you remember when the T's first came out, used ones, demo/low mileage etc were like finding hens teeth. And the price of what you could pay for one was high enough for me to justify buying a new one. Possibly this was not the case in the eastern states, as it was, for the colour/options I wanted I remember waiting a few months as it was.

Another thing being that I have never leased a car or had to really, I may consider doing that in the next few years with a 4WD which would in my case represents better value considering I'm now paying a mortgage. When I brought my first "new" car, I paid for it outright, have probably saved on interest if I look at it that way.

I have never looked at any car I've owed as an investment, although I'd like it if it was. We all wish some of the cars our Grandparent/Parents brought, (Monaros, GT Falcon etc.) were still in the family. But at the end of the day, doesn't matter who you are but sometimes you are going to think to yourself,

"Gee, I wonder why I would ever do that again."

I was having one of those day's....

I'm humbled by the fact I've been brought back from lunchtime dream land.

On a lighter note though.......... I frikn love these cars! :slap:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 10d
  • Location: Auckland
Posted
Lot of really good points to read here, got to say feel better about it already. I won't be selling my car in any case anyway. The EL will go way before the T.

In response to a few earlier posts, I did look for used low mileage T's when I brought mine, but if a lot of you remember when the T's first came out, used ones, demo/low mileage etc were like finding hens teeth. And the price of what you could pay for one was high enough for me to justify buying a new one. Possibly this was not the case in the eastern states, as it was, for the colour/options I wanted I remember waiting a few months as it was.

Another thing being that I have never leased a car or had to really, I may consider doing that in the next few years with a 4WD which would in my case represents better value considering I'm now paying a mortgage. When I brought my first "new" car, I paid for it outright, have probably saved on interest if I look at it that way.

I have never looked at any car I've owed as an investment, although I'd like it if it was. We all wish some of the cars our Grandparent/Parents brought, (Monaros, GT Falcon etc.) were still in the family. But at the end of the day, doesn't matter who you are but sometimes you are going to think to yourself,

"Gee, I wonder why I would ever do that again."

I was having one of those day's....

I'm humbled by the fact I've been brought back from lunchtime dream land.

On a lighter note though.......... I frikn love these cars! :nono:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went for a demonstrater $48000 3 months old 5000ks on the clock. If I had bought it new it would have cost me $61000 NZ with the extras on it.IMO that is the best way to buy as if the car has a problem from new hopefully it would have been fixed so saves you the hassle of running back with it which can be more of a hassle than the problem.

And as you say I frikn love my car and will use any excuse to drive it . :slap:

Even at $1.67 for 98

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

Ugy - I got mine including registration etc for $49 brand spanking new. It can be done - you just have to nag the dealers.

I intend on keeping my car for a long time - so dont care too much about the depreciation.

I agree that the rate these cars drop in value is astonishing - but it only matters if you are buying new and replacing every year or so.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 10d
  • Location: Auckland
Posted
Ugy - I got mine including registration etc for $49 brand spanking new.  It can be done - you just have to nag the dealers.

I intend on keeping my car for a long time - so dont care too much about the depreciation.

I agree that the rate these cars drop in value is astonishing - but it only matters if you are buying new and replacing every year or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea I am going to keep mine for a while. With the upgrades I have done not worth selling, dont do a lot of Ks either. Only just turned over 11,000.

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted

Why buy new?

Impulse,

stupidity....

never bought a new car before.

Now I know better.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 10d
  • Location: "NORTHERN GOLD GOAST"
Posted

I only paid $40K driveaway brand new for mine with premium sound & towbar, because all fast cars have towbars :spoton:

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

Why buy a new car?

1) 3 year bumper to bumper piece of mind, also known as a warranty.

2) Nothing like a new car smell

3) You know exactly what your getting and inheriting I.e a car that has basically only been driven by you

4) No conerns about the history of the car or any abuse it has been through.

5) Never involved in a crash or damaged

6) Can pick and choose your options

7) Can trade in your old vehicle and dont have to worry about selling it

8) No mods unless you want them

9) No encumberance on the vehilce (Owned by a creditor)

10) On fire, I thought id only get to about 4.

My 10 cents.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

Driftpig - I assume you are in Aus?

In NZ they are a bit more expensive (and our money is worth less).

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
I only paid $40K driveaway brand new for mine with premium sound & towbar, because all fast cars have towbars :tease:

$35 600 brand new on the road with premium sound, mats, spats, bonnet protector, scuff plate inserts and a TOWBAR. :msm:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...