TOXICT Member 45 Member For: 20y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Mackay, NQ Posted 15/03/06 07:44 AM Posted 15/03/06 07:44 AM Hi peopleHave the new BF T booked in at Ford for complimentary 3000 service Friday....I seem to recall (but can't find!) a thread with suggestions on oil change early on?The oil change is not part of Ford's 3000 service schedule, as they say it is too early, but your thoughts much appreciated.CheersBP
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 13d Location: Melbourne Posted 15/03/06 08:16 AM Posted 15/03/06 08:16 AM U will be told to do a search by all the grumpy people.I changed mine at 7500 and stuck with mineral then changed to Full sythetic at 15000.it depends on how you drive it if you gonna drive it like you stole it you can do it now or at 5000k`s.Hi peopleHave the new BF T booked in at Ford for complimentary 3000 service Friday....I seem to recall (but can't find!) a thread with suggestions on oil change early on?The oil change is not part of Ford's 3000 service schedule, as they say it is too early, but your thoughts much appreciated.CheersBP
TOXICT Member 45 Member For: 20y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Mackay, NQ Posted 15/03/06 08:20 AM Author Posted 15/03/06 08:20 AM Thanks for your tolerance 'stang' (for not being a grumpy one)BP
Mildman Member 149 Member For: 20y 10m 23d Posted 15/03/06 09:53 PM Posted 15/03/06 09:53 PM I did mine at 3000km too - as the engine is new maybe there are some contaminants that were in it when it was assembled. Maybe 2 metal parts were close to tolerance and dumped a few metal shavings into your sump....Just in case any of these things were happening I got the oil changed.Could just be paranoia, but if something had happenend because I didn't do it I'd be kicking myself....even though it would still be under warranty.Matter of opinion I guess...
Terebro Member 170 Member For: 21y 5m 12d Posted 15/03/06 11:06 PM Posted 15/03/06 11:06 PM I did mine at 4000, and what came out of it was as black as an ace of spades.Replaced it with full synthetic Penrite, and she runs great Pease of mind mate...
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 10d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 16/03/06 09:43 AM Posted 16/03/06 09:43 AM Mine done just short of 7500 and with Full Synthetic (Castrol Edge 0W-40) as recommended by City Ford Melbourne when I requested a Full Synth.Runs nice as it should anyway, I'm happy with my choice.
TOXICT Member 45 Member For: 20y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Mackay, NQ Posted 17/03/06 07:05 AM Author Posted 17/03/06 07:05 AM Thanks for your responses....ended up having it replaced (just over 4000kms on the clock) today.15000 just seems so far away, although it will be only a matter of months due to work kms.CheersBP
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/03/06 01:21 PM Posted 17/03/06 01:21 PM Proably not needed but cheap insurance I think. Mine had 2200 on it when it's 3 months were up & I had it changed just to be safe
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 13d Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/06 01:26 PM Posted 17/03/06 01:26 PM Thanks for your tolerance 'stang' (for not being a grumpy one)BPYour welcome mate,lots of info on the site next think to look for is the typhoon cai if you havent already.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 18/03/06 01:49 AM Posted 18/03/06 01:49 AM I did my first engine at around 1500kms.....and trust me there was metal in the oil. 2nd engine I did at 1500 but less metal
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now