Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m
Posted

Come Wednesday my car will be making its 28th (I think) recorded visit to my friendly Ford service dpartment. However, there have been more visits that have not been officially recorded on their database.

You name the problem and my car has had it. The question that I ask others is, What is the record number of visits? and, Has anyone had their car replaced under the "Lemon Laws"?

By the way my vehicle is a 2002 model with 70kms.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)
Come Wednesday my car will be making its 28th (I think) recorded visit to my friendly Ford service dpartment.  However, there have been more visits that have not been officially recorded on their database.

You name the problem and my car has had it.  The question that I ask others is, What is the record number of visits? and, Has anyone had their car replaced under the "Lemon Laws"?

By the way my vehicle is a 2002 model with 70kms.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

15 times.. and ive just found out ive got oil leaking from somewhere.

Lemon laws.. we dont have any in Australia.. Only in the US of A

May 05 build.. 18k kms on the clock.

Edited by Bain
  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

I've been back for left hand rear drive shaft, one headlight (globe), one driving light (globe) and a radiator... all covered under factory warranty... I've had the car for 6 months... I got it at 37k's and it has now done 47k's...

Previous owner only had brake shudder under warranty as per Ford's database...

No where near your 'record'... are you now done with Fords or would you be prepared to buy another one? Interested as your experience would turn me off...

Jack :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m
Posted

I am looking at another Ford, Typhoon or Territory Turbo, however my head keeps telling me to get a Japanese car.

I hope to make a decision in the next month or so.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 11d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Come Wednesday my car will be making its 28th (I think) recorded visit to my friendly Ford service dpartment.  However, there have been more visits that have not been officially recorded on their database.

You name the problem and my car has had it.  The question that I ask others is, What is the record number of visits? and, Has anyone had their car replaced under the "Lemon Laws"?

By the way my vehicle is a 2002 model with 70kms.

Slightly off topic but in same vain, there was a thread here somewhere here someone had taken a picture of the back window of a T where the owner had written about the problems he had. It was quite amusing

Have done a search again but am unable to find it, anybody point me in the right direction??

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 3d
  • Location: Sunny Coast, Qld
Posted

Hi mate....

Had my beast 20k, had 8 visits so far, coolant leaks repaired 5 times (3 times for the same leak!!), Diff change, brake shudder, twice reflashed,warped trims, jammed console lids, hard starting, boost actuator failure......

BUT, when it's going well - it goes really well. I'm sure you guys could relate to this list of warranty crap.... Yeah??

Leeast it don't have a recall on 'side airbags' like the general has at the mo :spoton:

Anyway zd.... hope your T gets better from the near future mate

Cheers

Adrian

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 11d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
:msm:

Not the one you were looking for BUT it's the original post of the pic:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16229

:laughing: Oh but the search engine doesnt work on this site :spoton: ....pfft newbs.... :msm:

Not directed at you rjn.

lol, thanks for this. I had two screaming sprogs on the go and as most can appreciate, didn't have the 4 hours to trawl through the search results to find it.

I had not seen this one, it's possible I might have to do the same thing as these two and write something on the back of mine soon.

Entering negotiations with a couple of partys at the moment so may post outcome in near future, that's assuming there is one!

cheers, this is the one I was looking for.

My problem is, for every bad one out there there are probably 100 (maybe less??) good ones, and as mentioned on one of them, when it goes good, it's great, hence I will probably get another one. Sucker for puishment? you bet

Wouldn't it would nice to be one of those people who see cars as a form of transport and didn't derive some sort of pleasure from of driving?

Who am I kidding? Jesus, I'll be knitting soon.......

<SLAP> OK, better now.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...