Delivery Date When Do You Expect Your Xr6?

richdave

When will your Turbo arrive  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Cant get enough!

Cant get ANY!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not a laughing matter I know - you guys should get additional discounts for being stuffed around so much.

• some guy...
  • Member For: 21y 6m 14d

*shakes head*

why am I not surprised?

ford's got a great product and what do they do? they can't deliver it properly. I guess it's a good thing they're flooded with orders (good for ford) but customers don't care whatever happens behind the scenes.

I feel for you guys... it must be torture... :(

• Member For: 21y 5m 16d

Ford has a brilliant product, but why release something in September that they are unable to supply. I know the lucky 'few' are starting to take delivery and that's great. However, all the production/component problems are making these deliveries run at a trickle.

The other thing is the Ford marketing machine has not handled the situation very well. The public who have ordered these machines have had to chase through every avenue they have had available to them, SIDO numbers, someone who knows someone etc. Surely someone who is spending some 45k+ deserves better support than that. I have found that it depends on what dealer you talk to as to the story you get.

I know Ford are trying everything to increase production, but they need to be up front with customers. Not wait for the customer to have to chase them only to be told 'oh yer that delivery date? No goona be another week, fortnight, month..."

Ah well that's my rant for this morning

• Member For: 21y 5m 8d

I have been waiting for 13 Weeks and I still do not have it. My car has been at FPV for 2 weeks and should have been delivered to the dealer today but ford has recalled it and now it is back at ford.

When I purchased the car I was told 3 weeks. then I was told 8 weeks. Then 3 weeks now it has been 13. and still waiting. How long does it take? They are producing 510 cars a day. They were only producing 250 then their was a problem with the engines and they were only making 40 now they are up to 510 cars.

The dealer wont be happy. when I took my AU3 XR6 to them it had 19,000k on the clock now it has 24,800 and they have to stick to the quote they gave me.

I also heard the traction control is not the best in the XR6T. The car can still get away from you in the wet.

Their may also be a recall on the door handels. A few falcon door handels have been known to stop working.

Ford is also having trouble with the XR8 bonnet. They are having problems stamping the power bolge. Might be fixed now. Not sure.

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
I also heard the traction control is not the best in the XR6T. The car can still get away from you in the wet.

I personally prefer it that way - gives the LSD a chance to do it's thing. I tend to drive more cautiously in the wet anyway.

Guest LionHeart
  • Guests
I have been waiting for 13 Weeks and I still do not have it. My car has been at FPV for 2 weeks and should have been delivered to the dealer today but ford has recalled it and now it is back at ford.

When I purchased the car I was told 3 weeks. then I was told 8 weeks. Then 3 weeks now it has been 13. and still waiting. How long does it take? They are producing 510 cars a day. They were only producing 250 then their was a problem with the engines and they were only making 40 now they are up to 510 cars.

The dealer wont be happy. when I took my AU3 XR6 to them it had 19,000k on the clock now it has 24,800 and they have to stick to the quote they gave me.

Their may also be a recall on the door handels. A few falcon door handels have been known to stop working.

Ford is also having trouble with the XR8 bonnet. They are having problems stamping the power bolge. Might be fixed now. Not sure.

Where do you get your info from? You seem to have quite a bit......

:unsure:

Where do you get your info from? You seem to have quite a bit......

:huh:

I have been doing a lot of research. My car has now come back from FPV. But has been taken back to Ford for the final inspection. Ford never use to do this, but they are doing inspections on all XR6T's. I am hoping this weekend or early next week. I feel so sorry for the people that have to wait 5 months. I spoke to the dealer lastnight and he said if anyone ordered the XR6 Turbo now they would not get it till March onwards. I have asked around and I dont think the reason for the XR8 and GT coming out till March next year is because of the Drive chain. Ford is just unable to build that many cars. I will keep all up to date on my XR6 Turbo.

I have also heard but not tested my self that the Ford XR6 Turbo produces 187Khw at the wheels. If you take off the cover to the air intake it will push it up to 203Khw.

And due the the extream heat on the outlet manifold you are unable to put extractors on the turbo. Ford had to make a special outlet manifold.

I also heard the traction control is not the best in the XR6T.  The car can still get away from you in the wet.

I personally prefer it that way - gives the LSD a chance to do it's thing. I tend to drive more cautiously in the wet anyway.

What thing is that? I still don't know why I have it. Except to lay two marks on the road instead of one. :D