Delivery Date When Do You Expect Your Xr6?

richdave

When will your Turbo arrive  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

Hmm theres an Idea...what colour did you order, what options? Perhaps I'll change my order to same as yours and delete sunroof. I could be driving a turbo in no time :lol: :lol:

Edited by Dagabond

• Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Here is my tale of sadness. Part of an email I sent to Ford customer relations.

As yet I have had no response to my message from yesterday. So here it is again. I live in country NSW and ordered my XR6 Turbo through my local dealer for obvious reasons. This order was placed in early September and I was informed by my dealer yesterday that if I see my car before March 03 it will be a miracle. This is bloody rediculous. It will be 7 months from the time it was ordered until I get my car. What makes it even worse is I know for a fact that other people have ordered the same vehicle from different dealers after me and will take delivery long before mine even hits the productionn line. What a joke. I understand that this is a new model, hugely popular etc., but 7 months is crazy. On top of 7 months I will also be slugged with a 2% pice increase. I am kicking myself for not going through a large city dealer, maybe one owned by Ford. I think if I had done that I would not be in this situation. Another case of the country being left behind? I was quite happy and was expecting to wait a while for such a great car, but not bloody 7 months. I love my fords and want to stick with them, but Ford don't make it easy.

In addition to this I rang everywhere from Sydney to Melbourne yesterday and every dealer is now saying Feb/Mar 03. To be expected. If I wanted my car then I would be ordering now. Whilst I wait and twiddle my thumbs the km's on my trade in go up and the value goes down.

One seriously PISSED OFF Ford Fan :angry:

• Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Just spoken to my dealer, now he tells me that he ordered beginning of Oct. Still that will make it a 6 month wait.

As to why it will take so long, dealer said they are only small and as a result only have a small allocation? They have not even been given an expected delivery date. Just sometime after Feb. 03.

Don't really understand why the hell it will take so long.