rusht Member 198 Member For: 22y 3m 6d Posted 30/01/06 12:55 AM Posted 30/01/06 12:55 AM I reckon if you are asking then you are probably not a die hard manual driver. Remember you can drive the autos in "manual" mode but can't do the oppposite
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/01/06 12:56 AM Posted 30/01/06 12:56 AM (edited) If you intend to mod the car and want to go quick get an auto. If you don't intend to mod or only minor mods then the choice doesn't really matter.The more power you get the bigger the advantage of the auto over the manual.Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Geea, Shouldnt that read, If you intend to mod the car and want it to go quick down the quarter mile get an auto.As others have said, if you are going to use it for more than a 400 meter straight line, get the manual.A few laps around a track and the auto will cook itself, become sloppy in gear changes and overrev when boiled...Personally, I went with the 6 speed manual. Mainly because I do alot of twisty road driving and I like to have the car respond instantly to any gear I chose. If I had to drive into Melbourne central everyday I would have bought the auto. Edited 30/01/06 12:58 AM by Bain
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 30/01/06 12:58 AM Posted 30/01/06 12:58 AM Remember you can drive the autos in "manual" mode manual mode may arse... wheres the third pedal , and the fun involded??
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/01/06 01:00 AM Posted 30/01/06 01:00 AM Remember you can drive the autos in "manual" mode but can't do the oppposite <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ahahahhahaha Funniest comment ive seen. Usually this is one way of trying to justify the lazy man option (auto)
rusht Member 198 Member For: 22y 3m 6d Posted 30/01/06 01:06 AM Posted 30/01/06 01:06 AM Remember you can drive the autos in "manual" mode but can't do the oppposite <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ahahahhahaha Funniest comment ive seen. Usually this is one way of trying to justify the lazy man option (auto)<{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's not funny at the end of a long day when you are stuck in traffic in a manual and have the schits with it
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 30/01/06 01:15 AM Posted 30/01/06 01:15 AM A 300rwkw auto will nearly see an 11 where a 300rwkw manual will still be in the high 12's low 13's If your a track junkie.....reverse it
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/01/06 01:28 AM Posted 30/01/06 01:28 AM It's not funny at the end of a long day when you are stuck in traffic in a manual and have the schits with it <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree, hence why I said in my first post that if I had to do melbourne city driving I would have got the auto aswell.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 30/01/06 01:29 AM Posted 30/01/06 01:29 AM A 300rwkw auto will nearly see an 11 where a 300rwkw manual will still be in the high 12's low 13's If your a track junkie.....reverse it and get both auto and manual 300rwkw cars and get them to do 5 laps around bathurst.... the auto will be a half a lap behind horses for courses
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 30/01/06 01:33 AM Posted 30/01/06 01:33 AM I drive in busy traffic every day - and still prefer the manual over my previous auto XR8.I enjoy driving - whether in traffic or country driving. If you get annoyed with gear changes in heavy traffic, maybe public transport is for you?
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 14d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 30/01/06 01:40 AM Posted 30/01/06 01:40 AM A 300rwkw auto will nearly see an 11 where a 300rwkw manual will still be in the high 12's low 13's If your a track junkie.....reverse it <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and get both auto and manual 300rwkw cars and get them to do 5 laps around bathurst.... the auto will be a half a lap behind horses for courses <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not that easy to get a race around bathurst to often but you come across traffic light duels all the time Bloody stupid thread buy want you want to drive not want other people tell you what you should buy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now