Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 02/02/06 07:13 AM Author Posted 02/02/06 07:13 AM ok so injectors and springs it is.will I need a fuel pump upgrade? the car WONT be over 340rwkw so will the stockie be adequate?ive heard the pumps are c***s to change on utes, can I just add an in-line pump or something instead to bump the pressures up a bit??
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/02/06 07:24 AM Posted 02/02/06 07:24 AM I'd say you'll need a fuel pump with 340rwkw's.I think your asking for trouble with 340rwkw's on stock internals IMO.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 02/02/06 08:03 AM Author Posted 02/02/06 08:03 AM I'd say you'll need a fuel pump with 340rwkw's.I think your asking for trouble with 340rwkw's on stock internals IMO.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>im saying I want a pump that will flow to 340kw.... a few extra kw's as a safeguard if u get me.im only after about 320-330 on a race tune, anything over 320 and ill feel a bit scared using it as I could just picture them rods bending inside my mind
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Posted 02/02/06 08:09 AM Posted 02/02/06 08:09 AM im only after about 320-330 on a race tune, anything over 320 and ill feel a bit scared using it as I could just picture them rods bending inside my mind <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its not total power that bends rods Trough....its how quickly the boost is brought on low in the revs. There is a big price to pay for the 17psi spike at 3000rpm, and some are paying it already
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 8m 26d Location: Perth Posted 02/02/06 08:33 AM Posted 02/02/06 08:33 AM I'd say you'll need a fuel pump with 340rwkw's.I think your asking for trouble with 340rwkw's on stock internals IMO.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>im saying I want a pump that will flow to 340kw.... a few extra kw's as a safeguard if u get me.im only after about 320-330 on a race tune, anything over 320 and ill feel a bit scared using it as I could just picture them rods bending inside my mind <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why you scared to run over 320rwkw? I run my car with 330-340rwkw all the time, and have done over 10,000kms on the stock bottom end. I will be upgrading the rods soon, but only because I'm after more power, rather than worrying about bending the stock rods at the current power level.As Street Tuner said, your tune and your tuner's work will determine how long your standard rods last.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 02/02/06 08:37 AM Author Posted 02/02/06 08:37 AM true, but its alot of $$$ to fix a simple "bent rod".... a road I DO NOT want to venture down.if I win the lotto though its a different story... lolmy boost hits pretty hard at 3150, and is pretty consistant through to redline. id like the feel of constant growing boost though, like a V8, the more u rev it the more she pulls. but I guess if u can get traction to the ground then by all means get as much boost in as early as u can. safely of course. would save u some time down the 1/4
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now