Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
I picked up 50rwhp with an SMB dump pipe and cat. A good hiflow cat should get you the numbers your looking for with an edit to match the better flow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got edit, injectors and valve springs done for 257rwkw's @9psi - I cant get any more out of it.

I definately have restriction in the exhaust but dont want to spend $2K on a Difillipo or APS replacement.

I am hoping a hi-flo ( or gutted cat ) will get me closer to the 290kw's and perhaps an 11 :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Luke it's possible that your current cat is collapsing and causing even more restriction. There is a way to check this but I don't recall what it is.

Geea. :laughing:

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • TRAITOR
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville, NQ
Posted
Luke it's possible that your current cat is collapsing and causing even more restriction. There is a way to check this but I don't recall what it is.

Geea. :laughing:

With a torch, have a look up your exhaust. Any gold flakes in there reflecting the light? Sure sign of collapsed cat.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Hey Flukey...

I believe AdamXR6T has an SMB dump and cat while retaining a factory exhaust and intercooler and he is making in the region of 285rwkw...

Is that the kind of no. you are looking for?

Hope this helps...

Jack  :k24t:

Yeah Jack,

I think you are right about Adam's T. that's closer to what I want to get to.

Luke here's a pic of my dyno chart with before and after SMB dump pipe and cat installation. I made more power everywhere with good gains in the upper rev range, also peak power is developed a bit earlier aswell with no more boost than I already had.

post-971-1138337871_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Adam. :hrmm:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Hey Flukey...

I believe AdamXR6T has an SMB dump and cat while retaining a factory exhaust and intercooler and he is making in the region of 285rwkw...

Is that the kind of no. you are looking for?

Hope this helps...

Jack  :k24t:

Yeah Jack,

I think you are right about Adam's T. that's closer to what I want to get to.

Luke here's a pic of my dyno chart with before and after SMB dump pipe and cat installation. I made more power everywhere with good gains in the upper rev range, also peak power is developed a bit earlier aswell with no more boost than I already had.

post-971-1138337871_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Adam. :hrmm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Adam

did you need to get a retune after you got it fitted ? or was it safe to run as is after the installation ?

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Not sure whether it would have been safe or not.

It was retuned straight after installation.

A retune would be required to get the most from it.

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I got to 380 rwkw with stock zorst and smb dump and cat.

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 6d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Luke, my old car was running 281rwkw's with centre muffler removed and gutted cat. With these mods I was still able to run standard valve springs as the backpresure wasn't an issue. My car was running 12.2@116 with Xede well before the edit came along. I'd think it would have gone alot quicker with the same mods with edit.

Geea. :k24t:

I remember. Does that exhaust stink with a gutted Cat?

Hey Luke, no it does not smell, I had 294rwkw with the complete standard exhaust except I had Geeas gutted standard Cat.

I would suggest it was close it it's limit as sometimes under full throttle or backing off you could hear it struggling under pressure and sometimes would hesitate until it had cleared itself.

Cheers

JB :hrmm:

JB, did you have standard valve springs at the time?

Hey Rob, no mate the valve springs got changed at 260rwkw which then took me up to 274rwkw.

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 6d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
I got to 380 rwkw with stock zorst and smb dump and cat.

Out of interest are the typhoon exhausts same as the T's? Down the track I maylook at one but would want to put on a aps zorst

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Hey Flukey...

I believe AdamXR6T has an SMB dump and cat while retaining a factory exhaust and intercooler and he is making in the region of 285rwkw...

Is that the kind of no. you are looking for?

Hope this helps...

Jack  :k24t:

Yeah Jack,

I think you are right about Adam's T. that's closer to what I want to get to.

Luke here's a pic of my dyno chart with before and after SMB dump pipe and cat installation. I made more power everywhere with good gains in the upper rev range, also peak power is developed a bit earlier aswell with no more boost than I already had.

post-971-1138337871_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Adam. :hrmm:

Thanks Adam. That looks like my next mod.

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I got to 380 rwkw with stock zorst and smb dump and cat.

I never thought it could take that much power

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...