XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 1m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/01/06 02:16 AM Posted 15/01/06 02:16 AM Does the DVD still play while driving ?No. For saftey reasons our system will only display the DVD picture once the handbrake is engaged although sound can still be heard in any condition with our manual switching system.Do they bend the rules so u can watch anytime??
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/01/06 02:21 AM Posted 15/01/06 02:21 AM Apparently not.
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 1m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/01/06 02:27 AM Posted 15/01/06 02:27 AM Pretty much pointless then hey! Not so much for me to be watching and driving the passengers!
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/01/06 02:32 AM Posted 15/01/06 02:32 AM It is against the law for them to install it so it will work while driving. It is a 5 minute job to bypass the handbrake switch though once you get the car home. Just remember though if the police see the screen while you are driving there is no comeback and I believe it is a 3 demerit point offence.
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 20y 11m 24d Location: Melbourne Posted 15/01/06 02:34 AM Posted 15/01/06 02:34 AM I have an xbox modded and a 160gig HD and much would someone charge just to install in my car??what state are you in, I may be able to help.
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 1m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/01/06 02:45 AM Posted 15/01/06 02:45 AM Melbourne Northcote
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 1m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/01/06 02:47 AM Posted 15/01/06 02:47 AM It is against the law for them to install it so it will work while driving. It is a 5 minute job to bypass the handbrake switch though once you get the car home. Just remember though if the police see the screen while you are driving there is no comeback and I believe it is a 3 demerit point offence.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cant u just swap it over with a switch to the normal screen?
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 17d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 15/01/06 09:28 AM Posted 15/01/06 09:28 AM In your opinion, which is the better way to go(Bios flash or mod chip), and if so which chip?Also roughly what does this stuff cost to get done, and how do you find the guys that do it?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Chris,I have never done the soft mod myself so I cant really comment on it other than to say that I went for the mod chip because you have more control and can change between bios's and dashboards whenever you have the need to.Im sure there will be tonnes of topics on this if you shoot over to xbox-scene my mod chip cost me just over $100 inc shipping from the US because I went for the solderless option (at the time I was thinking of removing the mod chip once the xbox was set up for the car).once again as I didnt get anyone to do the mod for me I cant comment on where or how much to get installed but I have been told by others that you can get a generic mod chip installed at computer swap meets for around $80.As far as I can tell, the only diference in the mod chips is the easy of selecting what bios to load and the size of the onboard ram (or how many bios's can be stored on the chip)Let us know how you go with your research <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Which chip did you end up going for?Are these 'solderless' versions hard to install? Do they include an external switch(is this really needed?) or is this something you have to do yourself?Also with the HDD upgrade. Do you simply swap out the old one with a new one or setup a slave? Are they just a std PC HDD?Sorry for all the questions. I'm a bit of a newbie at all this...Thanks mateChris
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 17d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 15/01/06 10:05 AM Posted 15/01/06 10:05 AM Sorry, forgot to add - which dashbord are you using?Thanks Chris
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 20y 11m 24d Location: Melbourne Posted 15/01/06 10:29 AM Posted 15/01/06 10:29 AM Which chip did you end up going for?Are these 'solderless' versions hard to install? Do they include an external switch(is this really needed?) or is this something you have to do yourself?Also with the HDD upgrade. Do you simply swap out the old one with a new one or setup a slave? Are they just a std PC HDD?the chip I used is a Xenium SP.ICE solderless chip. Including unscrewing the case it was installed and running in under 5 minutes it does come with an external switch but I havn't bothered connecting it because you do everything through software anyways.the mod chip bios is what you use to setup a new xbox hdd. the instruction manual of the mod chip will show you how and yes they are a standard ATA style PC drive The dashboard I run is XBMC because in the car the main thing I use the xbox for is MP3's and music videos.p.s if you know how to use torrents, search for a torrent called "xbox maker 1.5". its the best thing you can download if your only just starting out with xbox
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now