Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I use the SO3...car is stock but I feel they grip really well when you push it around a corner.  $350 a corner...

Is that for 17" or 18"?

  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 15d
Posted

Don't forget Michelin Pilot Preceda's, a step down in grip from the 'Sport' but an even bigger step down in price and they last well too.

Treadwear: 240

Traction: AA

Temp.:A

I'm enjoying them but I don't have a T so my input may not be so relevant.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted
If you are interested in getting something with excellent traction without paying 500 per corner then I'd definately suggest the S03. Not as good as the Michilen Pilots but one of the best tyres I've driven on. I can get them for around the $370 mark and they last me around 25000 k's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is that in 18's

and if so where do you buy them?

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's for 18's. I have them on my car now. I know the local dealer here and he fits all the Highway Patrol cars with SO3's so he buys them in bulk. PM me if you want to chase some up. I'm on the central coast area.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 21d
Posted (edited)

The S03 is a good tyre choice - driven a variety of cars with them and would recommend them. The Toyos are a well priced tyre, not quite the same performance but are significantly less costly (at least in NZ).

Pirelli make some good tyres but the cost for a tyre of equivalent performance like the PZero Asym is silly. The Preceda from michelin is pretty good as well... as is the Yoko but my experience with the Yoko is that they do wear fairly quickly.

By the way, the DOT markings for tyres... Traction AA refers to wet braking performance in a straight line and the test is done on wet concrete pavement. Temperature A means is related to a test at the speed rating for the tyre for a pre-determined period before failure.

The traction rating doesn't actually indicate road holding or off the line traction esp on dry tarmac as wet braking and dry traction performance aren't necessarily related due to tread vs compound compromise.

Edited by replicant
  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I've managed to bargin down a Bob Jane dealer on some Michelin Pilot Sport2, $620 a corner.

I've done about 100 spirited twisty km's on some Bridgestone S03's a while back, whilst they are ok tyres, my cheaper Michelin Pilot Preceda's stuck on a hell of a lot better through the same course. They are also cheaper, and will last longer than the S03's.

Oh and the S03's are bloody noisy too.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay NorthQueensland
Posted

thank's for the input guy's

these tyres have got to go on a GT auto, so don't need the same grip as the xr6t

but now needs a fair bit better than the dunlops.

David

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted
I've managed to bargin down a Bob Jane dealer on some Michelin Pilot Sport2, $620 a corner.

I've done about 100 spirited twisty km's on some Bridgestone S03's a while back, whilst they are ok tyres, my cheaper Michelin Pilot Preceda's stuck on a hell of a lot better through the same course. They are also cheaper, and will last longer than the S03's.

Oh and the S03's are bloody noisy too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cro

What price did you pay for the Pilot Preceda's? Might be a good option for me.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I only got 17's mate, it's why I'm not running the Pilot Sport2's :gooff:

In any case, $270 a corner.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'm happy with my Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. $375 a corner in 18".

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...