Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 24d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted
I am stressing everytime I see storm clouds coming over the mountains at the moment,.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could keep a car blanket in the boot..

I do.... :gooff:

shazzy

:tease:

  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Joel, mate, hope it all works out for you and quickly and if there is a payout, here's hoping you are not left out of pocket too badly. If there isn't and repairs go ahead, you should take comfort knowing that if the damage is not fixed to your satisfaction, it may very well be fixed again until you are happy with the repair. It's awful when this thing happens and you're powerless to do anything. My Mothers car was stuck in the Hail storm GOLDIE mentioned. Woah did that storm damage a lot of property. That storm walloped the Helensvale area. Her car was damaged bot no where near as bad as others. I know of a guy that had an XR8, same location. One day old and completley destroyed and it wasn't insured due to mods :blink:. Good mate told me about if just Friday night.

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 17d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted

I am stressing everytime I see storm clouds coming over the mountains at the moment,.

You could keep a car blanket in the boot..

I do.... :blink:

shazzy

:blink:

Ummm. Car blanket???

I had my car at my sister in laws place on thursday nite aswell and blankets dont do shiiit.. I am also looking at an insurance job but not quite as bad as the above..

I heard one bang and ran down stairs and put about 6 towels and blankets on the beast and still ended up with about 15-20 dings...When these bits of ice are comming down at terminal speeds I even reckon a hail suit wouldnt keep them all off..mine were about the size of golf balls maybe a little bigger...(Rochedale)

I think I got hit more than the car did!!! and they farkin hurt....

Dave

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 8d
  • Location: brisbane city
Posted

speaking of hail damage Q Ford at springwood qld got hit hard every car in the lot was damaged in that hail storm last week going to be a HAIL SALE for sure

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

And I was there Saturday morning getting some things for the XR and didn't even notice? :pinch:

Damn.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 10d
Posted

Yes we had the same deal, not as many dints though but will need to get 3 cars fixed in the coming weeks, one will be an insurance claim, unsure about the ohter 2 at this stage.

As for Q FORD every car got atleast one stone there, I dont think they will bother having a hail sale, more then likely they will repair them as most only have 1 or 2 slight dints, they arent really bad! :spoton:

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 24d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted
speaking of hail damage Q Ford at springwood qld got hit hard every car in the lot was damaged in that hail storm last week going to be a HAIL SALE for sure

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

gotta love the brothers!!! :spoton:

(avatar)

ok back on topic

shazzy

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 24d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted

I am stressing everytime I see storm clouds coming over the mountains at the moment,.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could keep a car blanket in the boot..

I do.... :msm:

shazzy

:spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummm. Car blanket???

I had my car at my sister in laws place on thursday nite aswell and blankets dont do shiiit.. I am also looking at an insurance job but not quite as bad as the above..

I heard one bang and ran down stairs and put about 6 towels and blankets on the beast and still ended up with about 15-20 dings...When these bits of ice are comming down at terminal speeds I even reckon a hail suit wouldnt keep them all off..mine were about the size of golf balls maybe a little bigger...(Rochedale)

I think I got hit more than the car did!!! and they farkin hurt....

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

umm boogie board is a good deflector... :msm:

and blankets DID do Sh#$ for my car (the EB) ..

maybe the hail was smaller

hope all is fixed soon :msm:

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 17d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted

I am stressing everytime I see storm clouds coming over the mountains at the moment,.

You could keep a car blanket in the boot..

I do.... :pinch:

shazzy

:gooff:

Ummm. Car blanket???

I had my car at my sister in laws place on thursday nite aswell and blankets dont do shiiit.. I am also looking at an insurance job but not quite as bad as the above..

I heard one bang and ran down stairs and put about 6 towels and blankets on the beast and still ended up with about 15-20 dings...When these bits of ice are comming down at terminal speeds I even reckon a hail suit wouldnt keep them all off..mine were about the size of golf balls maybe a little bigger...(Rochedale)

I think I got hit more than the car did!!! and they farkin hurt....

Dave

umm boogie board is a good deflector... :msm:

and blankets DID do Sh#$ for my car (the EB) ..

maybe the hail was smaller

hope all is fixed soon :laughing:

Thanx Shaz... :laughing:

I got a set of 19's today to make me feel better and I worked...YAY!!!

Pics soon..

Dave

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 20d
Posted

Blankets? haha - Seriously you have to see some of these dents - they are comical in shape. Maybe 4 inches of high density, impact foam might have helped? There are 3 that I think I would struggle replicating with decent swing on a 9kg sledge hammer.

Typical the assessor never called back and I have to go chasing for them tomorrow...

Joel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...