F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m 1d Location: North Brisbane Posted 11/01/06 11:29 PM Author Posted 11/01/06 11:29 PM Well, what a damn hot afternoon/night!!! Highlight - the fact that Scotty has to donate $50 to the forumLowlight - how goddamn hard it is to lauch a manual to get a good ETMy first even run down the 1/4 mile in anything yielded a clutch smoking (oops, didn't realise how grippy the surface was) 12.7 at 115mph. So, I thought we might be in business. A string of 12's, a few 13's and even a 16 (forgot to turn off the TC - still had a trap speed of 114mph) made me realise manual's (especially turbo ones) suck if you want to go to the drags a lot and get good times. The best run as Jeff said (thanks mate) was a 12.3 at 117mph. The last run I did resulted in another crap start (severe wheelspin in 1st, back off, try 2nd) but yielded the highest mph of the night 118mph. 60ft times were around 2.4 with a best of 2.1.One huge time waster in these things is the time lost between gear changes. They just fall off boost before it comes back on again. It would have to be a good .3 to .4 second between every change to 4th. It is that pronounced so I am even amazed it goes as quick as it does, it's only the power that does it!I won't be going again in a hurry, it sounded and felt like the diff was going to fall out with axle tramp if you get it wrong - poor car...............I was going through the traps with the change beeper going off its nut at me at the top end of 4th. Good thing it has a raised limiter. At the very least, I mowed down everything (line ball with an engine transplanted Nissan NXP fwd - crikey!) that lined up beside me - a Phase 2 APS ute was one. The brand new EVO guys that were there couldn't believe a taxi could beat them!
Mick Molloy Member 85 Member For: 20y 9m 5d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 11/01/06 11:55 PM Posted 11/01/06 11:55 PM The brand new EVO guys that were there couldn't believe a taxi could beat them! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mick Molloy Member 85 Member For: 20y 9m 5d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 12/01/06 01:01 AM Posted 12/01/06 01:01 AM I Have some of this pics from the last night on a little vid... Divx is requiredRight Click Me And "Save Target As"I have some more vids I have collected at www.xr6turbovids.tk.... some of these I have download from here ... I am just putting them all in one place.........If you want vid hosting just me pm.... and I will give you ftp access to upload onto the server.....
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/01/06 01:16 AM Posted 12/01/06 01:16 AM Well done mate, what would be nice would be flat changing but I just cant bring myself to do... I keep playing it through my mind and it always has the same result, broken bits LOL.....
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 12d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 12/01/06 01:19 AM Posted 12/01/06 01:19 AM Congrats Shane,Sorry I couldn't make mate was at grind till well after 7We will have to make the effort when I have a decent tune and the weather cools down a bit. sub 20 temps may very well see you looking for that # 5 cog
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/01/06 01:42 AM Posted 12/01/06 01:42 AM yes its not fun having to use the ol 5th gear
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 12/01/06 09:24 AM Posted 12/01/06 09:24 AM Well, what a damn hot afternoon/night!!! Highlight - the fact that Scotty has to donate $50 to the forumLowlight - how goddamn hard it is to lauch a manual to get a good ETMy first even run down the 1/4 mile in anything yielded a clutch smoking (oops, didn't realise how grippy the surface was) 12.7 at 115mph. So, I thought we might be in business. A string of 12's, a few 13's and even a 16 (forgot to turn off the TC - still had a trap speed of 114mph) made me realise manual's (especially turbo ones) suck if you want to go to the drags a lot and get good times. The best run as Jeff said (thanks mate) was a 12.3 at 117mph. The last run I did resulted in another crap start (severe wheelspin in 1st, back off, try 2nd) but yielded the highest mph of the night 118mph. 60ft times were around 2.4 with a best of 2.1.One huge time waster in these things is the time lost between gear changes. They just fall off boost before it comes back on again. It would have to be a good .3 to .4 second between every change to 4th. It is that pronounced so I am even amazed it goes as quick as it does, it's only the power that does it!I won't be going again in a hurry, it sounded and felt like the diff was going to fall out with axle tramp if you get it wrong - poor car...............I was going through the traps with the change beeper going off its nut at me at the top end of 4th. Good thing it has a raised limiter. At the very least, I mowed down everything (line ball with an engine transplanted Nissan NXP fwd - crikey!) that lined up beside me - a Phase 2 APS ute was one. The brand new EVO guys that were there couldn't believe a taxi could beat them! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good work ....and congrats on the 12.3 , particularly first time out To give some context that is on a par I think with the fastest manual T/Phoon that I know of and that was Badxr with ~ 400rwkw and by all reports he CAN peddle.Glad to see I am not the only one to smoke the clutch The smell will go away .... eventually
waxyjj Legacy Donating Member 242 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: brisbane. Posted 12/01/06 09:30 AM Posted 12/01/06 09:30 AM Well done there Shane, give it another go in cooler air .Some time around the Winter Nats. Track prep. Darren nice time also you would have to be pleased onya .Good onya Shazza big drive to have fun hey.Sorry we couldn't make it maybe next time..Joe
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 12/01/06 09:38 AM Posted 12/01/06 09:38 AM Well done there Shane, give it another go in cooler air .Some time around the Winter Nats. Track prep. Darren nice time also you would have to be pleased onya .Good onya Shazza big drive to have fun hey.Sorry we couldn't make it maybe next time..JoeIf I tidy up the tune a bit and some cooler weather.the car will run 11,sVonnie said its dropping boost a bit,so I think I will upgrade the acutator as it was only running 12 psi.I think I need the EDIT
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 12d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 12/01/06 09:56 AM Posted 12/01/06 09:56 AM And I forgot to congratulate Shazzy..I bet if they moved that quarter mile strip down to the the main street of Noosaville she would run a 13 second 400m easy..With the speed bumps and roundabouts she would still manage a good time....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now