DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/05 02:14 AM Posted 16/12/05 02:14 AM hi guys as you may be aware I just picked up my BA mkII run out xr6 Turbo.I have the leather,sports wheelCappa editcold air intake19inch wheels on king springsI have just ordered:ripshift short shifterpwr intercooler kitpwr expansion bottle kitfull 3.5 inch exhaust from turbo back(4 inch cat)and I will get a custom tune on the edit as soon as it is all installed.what kind of power should I hit??what should my next mod be??I was thinking injectors but not sure which ones I should get?any info would be great!!
IceMyButt Link Member 421 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/12/05 02:27 AM Posted 16/12/05 02:27 AM (edited) Next mods would beInjectorsFuel PumpWastegate Actuator mod (if you dont already have it)and possibly Valve Springs for reliability - with the power you achieve, you will probably need a heavier duty clutch too! Edited 16/12/05 02:28 AM by Link
Guest Guests Posted 16/12/05 02:33 AM Posted 16/12/05 02:33 AM Get the edit and custom tune last on the list matevik...cos all those mods and you will need a good tune
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/05 03:34 AM Author Posted 16/12/05 03:34 AM already got the edit!!the custom tune will happen as soon as those mods are in!!will I need the waste gate mod right now??
Dannopower Legacy Donating Member 421 Member For: 21y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 16/12/05 03:39 AM Posted 16/12/05 03:39 AM You should have swapped the intercooler for the injectors first mate! Sounds like a good kit though!
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/05 03:42 AM Author Posted 16/12/05 03:42 AM I was going to but I really like the look of the cooler behind the front bar and got it a very VERY good price!!!what injectors should I be looking at??I want 400rwklw at the end of things!!!I know I will need alot more work done but I want injectors that can hold that power later!!!the last thing I want is to buy them now and have to upgrade later!!1
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/12/05 03:51 AM Posted 16/12/05 03:51 AM If your after 400rwkw's then I'd be looking at an engine rebuild before putting any of that stuff on the car.There's no way the stock rods could withstand 400rwkw's.You should of got injectors before the cooler and exhaust though.
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/12/05 03:57 AM Posted 16/12/05 03:57 AM Don't worry about the exhaust. Get the injectors.
IceMyButt Link Member 421 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/12/05 04:22 AM Posted 16/12/05 04:22 AM Im with Adam - there is no way a stock motor can hold that power - talk to YOUNGY - he blew his engine in a matter of weeks at 375rwkw and 20PSI boost.Anything over 15 PSI is walking a fine line on a stock motor.You can probably get to the 320-330rwkw with your list of mods.I have that power ATMO and I needed to get Nizpro injectors to flow enough fuel - 440's just werent cutting it.
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 8d Location: Canberra Posted 16/12/05 04:27 AM Posted 16/12/05 04:27 AM 400rwkw is no mean feat mate, and (being completely judgmental here! ), you sound like you probably give the car a fair bit of stick. If my assumption is right, I'd certainly be following Adam's good advice and looking at upgrading your internals too. You'll definitely need injectors too, and to achieve that sort of power you'll need something pretty damn good - something along the lines of the Bosch 968s (if they're up to it?) or the Nizpro ones. Contrary to my previous belief, valve springs would probably be a good idea too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now