Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 07/12/05 03:35 AM Author Posted 07/12/05 03:35 AM OK SO we need a cheap model rocket engine, something with wheels to strap it to, a small conveyor AND a camcorder........Get the conveyor going flat out, light the rocket place it on the conveyor and film it slamming into the wall oposite the conveyor Hey reckon they'd let me try it on a woollies check out! If Woolies don't, Bi-Lo might!
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 07/12/05 03:38 AM Author Posted 07/12/05 03:38 AM OK OK.Here's a couple of happy snaps...
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 07/12/05 04:06 AM Posted 07/12/05 04:06 AM <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK OK.Here's a couple of happy snaps...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>very nice work..rockets and rollerscates??? bahh...boobs?
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 07/12/05 05:08 AM Posted 07/12/05 05:08 AM Well I'm convinced having seen the pics, like your work Mac.
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 07/12/05 05:21 AM Posted 07/12/05 05:21 AM <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK OK.Here's a couple of happy snaps...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey macka I see both mrs macka and her sister were at indy. Ian
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 07/12/05 06:46 AM Author Posted 07/12/05 06:46 AM OK OK.Here's a couple of happy snaps...Hey macka I see both mrs macka and her sister were at indy. IanWell spotted Goldie. Bet ya didn't think an old fart like me could snag someone like that eh?Also, here's a couple of examples of blokes not handling the pace too well and a chopper shot.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 07/12/05 09:50 AM Posted 07/12/05 09:50 AM Yes Indy was gold this year
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 07/12/05 10:01 AM Posted 07/12/05 10:01 AM I Canna help meself.I set up a little experiment just to see what would happen.I got an electrician/pilot friend of mine to Turbo-charge a couple of large industrial Fans so that they generated a huge amount of thrust and had a stepless control, from nothing to full speed. I then got the same bloke to rig up a stepless speed controller to a Very Fast Treadmill that I had acquired.Then, I got said bloke, strapped some inline skates on him, strapped the huga/biga/fansa under his arms, put him on the VFT, gave him the controller for the fans and said....Onya way mate, see if you can make any progress.Well, as soon as he starts to power up the fans and move forward on the (still) treadmill, I of course starts up said belt and old mate is getting nowhere. Of course, he gets frustrated at this (As many would) and cranks up the fans a bit more. Me? well you guessed it, I crank up the belt a bit as well.To cut a long story short, this little game went on for some time until said bloke was at full power and still in the same place. Needless to say, the old treadmill was wizzing along a a cracker of a pace and the skate wheels were exibiting signs drastic overheat.The end result was, the thrust from the fans blew out the back wall of the shed, the bill from the power company sent me summersaulting, The fan blokes arms took a week to recover, I had to buy my nephew a new pair of skates, the local Gym owner is not talking to me but the fan bloke never did obtain lift-off.Funny that. Must be a story there somewhere....... u crack me up the plane will take off.love the pics
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 07/12/05 10:20 AM Posted 07/12/05 10:20 AM I did my own experiment... I got a skateboard, stuck one of those huge fan things that roller bladers use (now banned) on the back... I then went to the local ice skating rink and stuck this on the ice... I then locked the wheels and turned on the fan.... guess what, it moved forwards... so the plane will fly what would happen if you turned the conveyor on but the plane was turned off and was just sitting there there??would the plane roll backwards?? remembering the wheels are free spinning??disclaimer: this story is fictional, no skaters were injured in this experiment
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/12/05 11:13 AM Posted 07/12/05 11:13 AM It's OK young Trev, I'm still your biggest fan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now