Guest le22 Guests Posted 22/11/05 09:42 PM Posted 22/11/05 09:42 PM Hi Guys.I own a 05 mk11 xr6 turbo.I have a Capa Edit and its running 253kwrw.The car is pretty quick and I am happy with the performance.I have driven my mates SS Late model camira and found that it is relatively quicker offthe mark then my xr6.Though my car is quicker to 400m.I have found that the Commodore's are relatively quicker off the mark then the Falcons.What are your thought's guys.Is there any mods I can do to my car that can make it quicker off the line?
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 22/11/05 10:06 PM Posted 22/11/05 10:06 PM Hi Guys.I own a 05 mk11 xr6 turbo.I have a Capa Edit and its running 253kwrw.The car is pretty quick and I am happy with the performance.I have driven my mates SS Late model camira and found that it is relatively quicker offthe mark then my xr6.Though my car is quicker to 400m.I have found that the Commodore's are relatively quicker off the mark then the Falcons.What are your thought's guys.Is there any mods I can do to my car that can make it quicker off the line?Until the xr6t comes on boost, it's just a low compression straight 6(in stock form) I would have thought the edit would fix this for you. Maybe it's time for a custom tune.
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 22/11/05 11:00 PM Posted 22/11/05 11:00 PM I have driven my mates SS Late model camira and found that it is relatively quicker offthe mark then my xr6.Though my car is quicker to 400m.I have found that the Commodore's are relatively quicker off the mark then the Falcons.What are your thought's guys.Is there any mods I can do to my car that can make it quicker off the line?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it quicker or does it feel quicker? Got any g-tech figures to back up your observations?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/11/05 11:05 PM Posted 22/11/05 11:05 PM You did not say if your T is an Auto or manual.If its an Auto, then stall it up to 2,000rpm before you take off, this will wind the boost up and launch you much quicker.If its a manual then slip the clutch some more to get a better launch.An 253kw T should take off much better than a SS off the mark. If you are judging it from seat of the pants feel, you may not be accurate in your assesment unless you are side by side with the SS from a standstill.
Guest Guests Posted 22/11/05 11:16 PM Posted 22/11/05 11:16 PM I know what you mean le,my son now has a EL fairmont,and when I drive it out the drive etc,touch the go pedal like in the T,and the EL seems to give more instant off the mark feel,where as the T doesnt,cos of all the plumbing I spose,but hey,that's only short lived vik...stall it up a bit,then eyes to rear view mirror
FR33DY Member 307 Member For: 21y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/11/05 11:57 PM Posted 22/11/05 11:57 PM Hi Guys.I own a 05 mk11 xr6 turbo.I have a Capa Edit and its running 253kwrw.The car is pretty quick and I am happy with the performance.I have driven my mates SS Late model camira and found that it is relatively quicker offthe mark then my xr6.Though my car is quicker to 400m.I have found that the Commodore's are relatively quicker off the mark then the Falcons.What are your thought's guys.Is there any mods I can do to my car that can make it quicker off the line?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi le22I thought the same about my car, it always felt a bit slow off the mark, but once it came on boost it was very quick, I got myself a G-tech SS from ebay and tested 0-100, I managed a 5.1 sec with a slight stall, if you do stall it up in auto you will get a good launch but might break traction, I have raced SS and 300KW HSV and for the first 50 m it might be close but once u have boost they are in the rear view mirror.
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 23/11/05 12:07 AM Posted 23/11/05 12:07 AM I know what you mean le,my son now has a EL fairmont,and when I drive it out the drive etc,touch the go pedal like in the T,and the EL seems to give more instant off the mark feelI think you'll find this happens because the non-turbo 6's have a higher compression ratio Vik. Jeff(DBOSS) said the same when he drove an N/A BA.Rob...I like doing this.
Shockwave-T Member 96 Member For: 21y 3m 13d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/11/05 12:30 AM Posted 23/11/05 12:30 AM How hard would it be to shorten diff ratios?
Guest Guests Posted 23/11/05 12:47 AM Posted 23/11/05 12:47 AM How hard would it be to shorten diff ratios?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Easy if you got plenty of doe vik...pain in the arse if you wanna do it yourself
Shockwave-T Member 96 Member For: 21y 3m 13d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/11/05 01:09 AM Posted 23/11/05 01:09 AM Well, there's one day to improve your take-off... how expensive can it be?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now