Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
Posted
pm'd you for your email adress last time we had the knock discussion but it did not work hence why I asked gerry and that's when he was talking to daniel etc and said he was not happy with the operation as such had not activated it but you say he was talking about the deisel????

If you had really listened to the conversation Nick you would have heard from Jerry that the knock sensors are not enabled in the F150 LIGHTNING truck because the sensor cannot 'hear' the front cylinder over the noise of the supercharger. This of course is not the case for the XR6T, and neither Jerry nor anyone at SCT makes changes to the stock file that is loaded in the database. I hope that clears it up

screen shot from lap top for you!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Note that in your screenshot Nick the value in knock sensor disable switch is bright ORANGE? That means it has in fact been changed to a GREATER number than the one that exists in the factory program. If that file was indeed stock as you claim (if that's the point you are trying to get across here) then the value would be displayed with a white background as are all the other values. This ORANGE label indicates that you have intentionally changed this value to disable the knock sensors. In addition your screenshot also has the info box covering the number_of_knock_sensors value which is set to 1 (that's how many they have!) from the factory.

So, what point are you trying to get across here? :spoton:

  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

So the edit does have a knock sensor that works?

So many Tuners, So many different answers.

Who's training who?

Posted
pm'd you for your email adress last time we had the knock discussion but it did not work hence why I asked gerry and that's when he was talking to daniel etc and said he was not happy with the operation as such had not activated it but you say he was talking about the deisel????

If you had really listened to the conversation Nick you would have heard from Jerry that the knock sensors are not enabled in the F150 LIGHTNING truck because the sensor cannot 'hear' the front cylinder over the noise of the supercharger. This of course is not the case for the XR6T, and neither Jerry nor anyone at SCT makes changes to the stock file that is loaded in the database. I hope that clears it up

screen shot from lap top for you!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Note that in your screenshot Nick the value in knock sensor disable switch is bright ORANGE? That means it has in fact been changed to a GREATER number than the one that exists in the factory program. If that file was indeed stock as you claim (if that's the point you are trying to get across here) then the value would be displayed with a white background as are all the other values. This ORANGE label indicates that you have intentionally changed this value to disable the knock sensors. In addition your screenshot also has the info box covering the number_of_knock_sensors value which is set to 1 (that's how many they have!) from the factory.

So, what point are you trying to get across here? :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as to the orange flag yes iturned it to orange and pop comes the info box!

read the info box this is what I'm talking about!!!

anyway barry was able to load his version 2.8.1.4 and it works in most instances now and all if I want to only use knock_gains on 4 cylinders only!!!

this is code specific though so now I look at the code for the knock table functions before I create new ones!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

Nick,

Your PM box is full that's why I am writing here.

Can I call you now as I want to know whats going on with my edit?

Brett

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 4d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
thanks to barry I now have control!

screen shot from lap top for you!

I'm assuming this means the ACT tunes don't have the knock sensors enabled, yeah? When we last spoke you offered to fix up any niggles I might be experiencing at the Snowies Cruise when we next meet, could we start with this one pretty please? :spoton:

Am I right in thinking you'll have my exact tunes saved in your laptop so it's just a matter of changing that one parameter and then reflashing my box, leaving everything else as is ('cos it's running damn well at the moment and I don't wanna stuff that up!)? :spoton:

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)
.. I reckon ~20 rwkw would be had with a $100 boost controller ( from any tuner ) till CAPA gets it's F6 map in order.. ( HINT HINT )

Please supply some details of the problem with your boost control

All I know is that both Extreme and Wog had issues trying to get more than 12 psi in the top end.

Best either of them post relevant tech info regarding the problem and what causes it/needs to be done to rectify ) I just saw two near identical boost curves.

I thought Extreme had contacted CAPA over this ages ago??

Maybe it was because they didn't use/didn't have 'J' revision?? I'm not sure..

I dled J yesturday, but what you are reffering to is the way that you use the boost tables and the mapping for the boost. I havent converted my F6 maps to use the method that is now being used on the XR6T maps on the F6's yet like is aid to you before because I need to get on the dyno with my car and do some testing with it first. What ever you do with an XR doesnt apply with an F6.

Hence why other tuners had been loading xr maps instead of f6 maps and driving around with the oil light on.

If you saw the original F6 mapping to what we have today its a huge difference.

if ben posts the dyno graph you will see there was no problem controling boost but a problem with bleeding enough air note same boost curve as yours only 1-2 psi less and no solenoid click hence proper boost control!

why use this method well wanted as much boost as I could get with out using 100% dynoduty as you would have so as if there were a change comanded boost will keep things safe!!!

with 100 % duty our boost curves overlayed perfectly! although this is fine it offers no insurance!!! nothing wrong with what you did just me being overly cautious!!!

If you must know theres is not 100 percent duty cycle on ANY of my tunes wog, if ytoiu couldnt get the same boost with running 100 percent whats that tell you ?????

Edited by Xtreme F6
  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)
thanks to barry I now have control!

screen shot from lap top for you!

I'm assuming this means the ACT tunes don't have the knock sensors enabled, yeah? When we last spoke you offered to fix up any niggles I might be experiencing at the Snowies Cruise when we next meet, could we start with this one pretty please? :blink:

Am I right in thinking you'll have my exact tunes saved in your laptop so it's just a matter of changing that one parameter and then reflashing my box, leaving everything else as is ('cos it's running damn well at the moment and I don't wanna stuff that up!)? :crybaby:

There is no having to redo tunes, when the data base gets added to the old settings you have dont change. Knock sensors where always and have always been turned on in the 6 cylinder falcons, only the boss didnt have them. Ive kept every old data base we have had from the very first one, they are in there and enabled.

Edited by Xtreme F6
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
Posted (edited)
as to the orange flag yes iturned it to orange and pop comes the info box!

read the info box this is what I'm talking about!!!

Nick, while there is not a specific help box on that setting, the switch system is intuitive and based on commonsense. I.e. a value of '1' means ACTIVE, and a value of '0' means INACTIVE as clearly pointed out on other menu selections such as Torque_Module_switch and Variable_cam_switch. This is fundamental binary logic.

By setting knock_sensor_disable_switch to '1' you have in fact told the pcm knock_sensor_disable = ACTIVE and quite literally turned the knock sensors off. Let me repeat and I will say this one more time and very clearly....

THE KNOCK SENSORS ARE ENABLED IN ALL 4.0 LITRE TURBO ENGINE FACTORY PROGRAMS

The only time they are disabled Nick is when you have GONE INTO THE SOFTWARE AND MANUALLY DISABLED THE KNOCK SENSORS for whatever reason you have decided. I would strongly advise against this for any customer tune for road applications where different quality fuels may be involved. This can lead to extreme detonation/pinging under different fuel quality/atmospheric conditions and can very quickly destroy an engine.

anyway barry was able to load his version 2.8.1.4 and it works in most instances now and all if I want to only use knock_gains on 4 cylinders only!!!

this is code specific though so now I look at the code for the knock table functions before I create new ones!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also be wise to suggest that you be very careful adjusting knock sensor gains. These are calibrated by the factory engineers using specialist pressure transducers, and determine what the engine thinks is and isnt detonation or knock. Tinkering with these tables without the right lab quality equipment is akin to flying blind.

Edited by Street Tuner
  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

nick why the heck would you be setting the knock sensor disable switch to turn off your knock sensor(by setting it to 1) in that pic? Just below that is the number of knock sensors, that is set to 1 in the xr 6 t falcons.. as it has 1 knock sensor....

  • Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 15d
  • Location: D SHIRE!
Posted

So guys from what you are saying is that a XR6T should not ping when tuned by the Edit?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...