Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/11/05 11:37 AM Posted 03/11/05 11:37 AM Well I got a RIP shifter today and its very interesting going from the stock one to an aftermarket one.Feels very posotive with the solid bushes only down side is it now gets a bit of harshness through the gear stick. Second to 3rd holy moly just push it forward and in it goes.Little dissapointed in the length of the gate not being a little less throw distance but apart from that.... Its orsm, happy.
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/11/05 06:57 PM Posted 03/11/05 06:57 PM A RIP shift is going into my car as well.The biggest problem is the 2-3 change. The guys who have reported about RIP usage have said that it substantially reduces the nimber of stuffed 2-3 changes when trying to change very fast.Brian
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/11/05 11:17 PM Author Posted 03/11/05 11:17 PM A RIP shift is going into my car as well.The biggest problem is the 2-3 change. The guys who have reported about RIP usage have said that it substantially reduces the nimber of stuffed 2-3 changes when trying to change very fast.Brianfrom second to 3rd Brian is just a slap forward, nuthing more. It just finds its way perfectly there
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 03/11/05 11:38 PM Posted 03/11/05 11:38 PM Used the rip shifter in many ls1's its a great thing makes gear changes so much faster look at little kiwi's car does 11 flat in manual with 330rwkw and it sounds like an auto
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/11/05 12:33 AM Posted 04/11/05 12:33 AM Will a rip shifter stop the gear crunching?My gear goes in easily but with a slight crunch when I whack it in.Everyone's telling me I'm changing too fast...
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/11/05 12:39 AM Author Posted 04/11/05 12:39 AM Will a rip shifter stop the gear crunching?My gear goes in easily but with a slight crunch when I whack it in.Everyone's telling me I'm changing too fast...make sure your clutch is engaged properly I think mate
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/11/05 01:08 AM Posted 04/11/05 01:08 AM Will a rip shifter stop the gear crunching?My gear goes in easily but with a slight crunch when I whack it in.Everyone's telling me I'm changing too fast...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>make sure your clutch is engaged properly I think mate<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree hahaha
wippdaddy Member 41 Member For: 21y 13d Posted 04/11/05 01:47 AM Posted 04/11/05 01:47 AM I've found my manual T shifts pretty good from 2nd to 3rd, never stuffed one up, its more the downshifts and clunkiness that gets to me. Interested in how the rip shifters work though sounds like a good product for drags
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/11/05 01:56 AM Posted 04/11/05 01:56 AM I've found my manual T shifts pretty good from 2nd to 3rd, never stuffed one up, its more the downshifts and clunkiness that gets to me. Interested in how the rip shifters work though sounds like a good product for drags<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you're telling me that you drag race with a T56, and never stuff up a 2-3 change, then you're in expert class.If you're referring to a T5, then it is far easier.Brian
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 04/11/05 02:54 AM Posted 04/11/05 02:54 AM Seriously, ive never stuffed 2nd to 3rd with my T56 when racing. Always get chipping with a standard engine (not even a 2ndCAI) too. My problem is getting off the line!!! I think the T5 gets the XR's off the line abit better (opinions?? or am I just a unit). But I think you can stretch 1st and 2nd a bit more with the T56 over the T5. I can just bust past 100 in 2nd before I get told off by the PCM....im std. On a 2nd note I havent stuffed 2nd to 3rd in the T56 yet cos ive gone down the 1/4 9 times in total!!!!! I'm sure you have racked up a few more opportunies to slip up than that Brian!!! Anyway good to hear that us manual guys can speed up shifts for a bit of racing. Cheers all.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now