F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 07/11/05 06:21 AM Posted 07/11/05 06:21 AM This is great stuff guys!! Cheers for all the info and input.F6 UTE, where did you buy the blockout fabrick from? ....Spotlight?If I can get it big enough I am going to use it, othervise I am going to go the paint option as mickq has done. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah Spotlight.. 1350mm is the widest you can get it in. I hope you have set the projector up in a temp fashion to gauge what size screen is comfortable. Mine will go to 120" in my room ( about 6m x 6m ) but I found that teh 105" is perfect for nice viewing. When it's bigger, you have to 'look around' to get the whole picture in, and it's not that enjoyable..... Farking big, but not as nice.. did I just say that????? 4:3 may be different though..
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 07/11/05 10:46 AM Author Posted 07/11/05 10:46 AM Cheers F6 UTE Yea I got it setup projecting onto a wall at the moment and the screen size is about 240cm across the base. To get a 4:3 screen this size I need to go 180cm tall. When projecting a 16:9 image on this size screen it would be about 275cm diagonal (~108 inch), so roughly same size 16:9 picture as what you have.My theater is going to be 5.5m x 4m, so I will be watching from about 5m away which is pretty good! That blackout might be no good to me because it is not wide enough! :(
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now