TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 18/10/05 03:20 AM Posted 18/10/05 03:20 AM http://drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10498&vf=1here's part of the article:The maker has not extracted any more power from its engines with the new model, instead the performance gain has come from a new, highly sophisticated six-speed gearbox that was previously exclusive to Aston Martins and high-performance Jaguars.In a sign of the times, the turbocharged six-cylinder FPV Typhoon is reportedly faster than the V8. Matched to a six-speed automatic transmission, Ford says it accelerates from 0 to 100kmh in 5.3 seconds.If this figure - recorded during internal testing - is correct, it makes the turbo FPV Falcon only a fraction slower than Australia's fastest sedan, the HSV Clubsport (powered by a 6.0-litre V8 from the Chevrolet Corvette) which can reach 100kmh in 5.1 seconds.The 5.4-litre V8-powered GT Falcon, meanwhile, is reportedly capable of reaching 100kmh in 5.6 seconds when matched to the new six-speed auto transmission.
jonom Member 96 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: South East Suburbs Posted 19/10/05 02:38 AM Posted 19/10/05 02:38 AM Manufactuers claims can be a little off at timesI think when the 6.0 litre clubsport was new Expensive Daewoo claimed it would accelrate from 0-100 in under 5 seconds, 5.1 is still pretty close I guess.may have to wait for the forum members or motor/wheels magazine journo's to give them hell and see what the result is. I don't think it will do a 0-100 time that will make you go whoa!! but in gear acceleration would be unreal. F6 is a torque monster.
69ADY Member 85 Member For: 21y 4m 3d Location: Sunny Coast, Qld Posted 19/10/05 12:11 PM Posted 19/10/05 12:11 PM (edited) Those extracts of article I have just read in the latest Street Fords magazine also.... I for one, would like to know what the exact stats are on the closeness of the vehicles,but, I do know this... a mate of mine and I have put our mk1 turbo and boss260 together and up to 250m (only short distance I know), we were side by side...only a poofteenth of nats dick in it between us. That... from a standing start.The phoon does very much impress from what I can see. Adrian Edited 19/10/05 12:12 PM by 69ADY
rs2000 Member 259 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Location: riddells creek Posted 20/10/05 01:46 AM Posted 20/10/05 01:46 AM I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of drive. yesterday in the local rag they (drive) had a write up on the Expensive Daewoo viva, mentioned everything from the fabulous italian design, great standard options, beautiful handling car blah, blah,blah...what they forgot to mentioned was from where the donor vehicle originates from(rebadged kia, cheap & nasty ) and holdens input was to the ride & handling (pulled shocks & springs from kia spare parts bin). imo there dictated by the rose color advertising dollars...
physh Member 248 Member For: 24y Location: Canberra Posted 20/10/05 04:15 AM Posted 20/10/05 04:15 AM On a side note... From what I read the vehicle the Viva is based on has an industry/segment WORST performance for Problems/100 cars... they had something like 152 problems PER 100 cars!The missus asked if we should buy one of those new "revolution" cars like on TV, and was surprised when I cracked up and laughed at her...
rs2000 Member 259 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Location: riddells creek Posted 20/10/05 04:38 AM Posted 20/10/05 04:38 AM On a side note... From what I read the vehicle the Viva is based on has an industry/segment WORST performance for Problems/100 cars... they had something like 152 problems PER 100 cars!The missus asked if we should buy one of those new "revolution" cars like on TV, and was surprised when I cracked up and laughed at her... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>at least it's a class leader in something in every other category it finishes last..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now