dazza1981 Member 45 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/10/05 11:47 PM Posted 12/10/05 11:47 PM I was just watching the webcast of the Ford stand being opened at the sydney motor show, Was interesting to see ford confirm they will be realeasing the Focus ST Turbo here - However it will be badged a Focus XR5 Turbo .It is a 5 Cyl Turbo with 170kw and is a 6 speed manual.Click the link below to have a look!Click HereLooks pretty good imo.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 12/10/05 11:54 PM Posted 12/10/05 11:54 PM I love the way they call it a duratec engine! It is nothing more than the V5 outta the new Volvo's
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/10/05 11:55 PM Posted 12/10/05 11:55 PM that's one very hot looking focus. This is the FWD model right? I would like to see them take a real stab at putting the AWD 220+kw Focus into full production that they keep teasing us with...Where did you read 170kw? That link you just showed said 225ps, which is 164.5kw...
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 13/10/05 12:18 AM Posted 13/10/05 12:18 AM I can now see where the front end styling for the new BA came from.. Check the front bar on the Focus..... It's GT's little brother.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/10/05 12:35 AM Posted 13/10/05 12:35 AM If anyone wants to watch Neil Crompton doing the motorshow webcast, clickHERE
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 13/10/05 01:28 AM Posted 13/10/05 01:28 AM that's one very hot looking focus. This is the FWD model right? I would like to see them take a real stab at putting the AWD 220+kw Focus into full production that they keep teasing us with...Where did you read 170kw? That link you just showed said 225ps, which is 164.5kw...I'd bye one if it was awd.
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 17d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 13/10/05 02:37 AM Posted 13/10/05 02:37 AM I can now see where the front end styling for the new BA came from.. Check the front bar on the Focus..... It's GT's little brother.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree wish they would keep styles exclusive to each model!!!shazzy
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Location: Toowoomba Posted 13/10/05 03:25 AM Posted 13/10/05 03:25 AM It would be silly not to produce that as an AWD car, gives it direct competition to the WRX and EVO's then. That sort of torque and power is wasted through the front wheels, it would need traction control obviously but it would interfer so often I think it would ruin the driving experience. This car does look very very good though, well worth test driving when.if it comes out.Dazza.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/10/05 05:41 AM Posted 13/10/05 05:41 AM I always knew Volvo had 5 cylinder engines, but know next to nothing about them. Are the cylinders on these types of engines inline?
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/10/05 05:51 AM Posted 13/10/05 05:51 AM I always knew Volvo had 5 cylinder engines, but know next to nothing about them. Are the cylinders on these types of engines inline?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes it is an inline 5 I believe, well that's what Volvo's inline 5's are... Wonder how much effort it would be to get the Focus 5 cyl upto S60R specs 224kw...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now