turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 6d Location: Toowoomba Posted 29/09/05 06:21 PM Posted 29/09/05 06:21 PM Just wondering if anyone else seems to have the same problem with there BA's blowing headlights and foglights, I have been through 7 headlights and 5 foglights since new in 2003, all have been replaced under warranty though but its getting to be a real pain in the ass, I currently have no headlights (lowbeam) and only one foglight working and this is after ford replaced one and all working only 6 weeks ago.Dazza.
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/09/05 10:13 PM Posted 29/09/05 10:13 PM Have had the car for a year - no blown globes.Sounds like an electrical problem somewhere.Perhaps you could try different globesCro has installed Phillips (I think) and he thinks they are greatMaybe you could PM him re the globes
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/09/05 10:32 PM Posted 29/09/05 10:32 PM I use Philips globes in one of my cars too. I forget the name (and the philips page was no bloody help). The ones I've got are apparently 50% brighter at the same power, and have a blue hue. They're not those ricey neon-like ones though. I used to have frequent Ford OEM light failures as well. Nothing since I switched.Edit: this aint on a BA though
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/09/05 10:33 PM Posted 29/09/05 10:33 PM I've had one blown phillips globe though..I think they're great for the extra light they shine Falchoon is having the same problem as you, maybe ask him if he's done anything about it.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/09/05 10:35 PM Posted 29/09/05 10:35 PM I use Philips globes too. I forget the name (and the philips page was no bloody help). The ones I've got are apparently 50% brighter at the same power, and have a blue hue. They're not those ricey neon-like ones though. I used to have frequent Ford OEM light failures as well. Nothing since I switched.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Crystal Vision I think gives that blue tinge.Phillips Vision Plus gives off a pure white light (I got these).Both are 55w + 50%.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/09/05 10:41 PM Posted 29/09/05 10:41 PM Yeah, I think I got those. Or the others. Damn, I remember holding both in my hands I agree though, the light they produce is fantastic.Okay okay, I ran away and checked. I've got Vision Plus!
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 02/10/05 05:30 AM Posted 02/10/05 05:30 AM I've had one blown phillips globe though..I think they're great for the extra light they shine Falchoon is having the same problem as you, maybe ask him if he's done anything about it.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nope! Just keep replacing them! I've only had foglight blow once (car was delivered new with blown foggie!) and I very rarely use them.The headlight (lowbeam) has blown 3 or 4 times, different sides. Had different brand globes doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/10/05 08:53 AM Posted 02/10/05 08:53 AM I've had heaps of trouble with low beam lights blowing too. I'm getting quite proficient at replacing them now. No problem with foggies though.Somebody needs to design a globe that doesn't get destroyed when you get a speck of dust on it!
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 02/10/05 09:06 AM Posted 02/10/05 09:06 AM All this seems a little in-consistant to me. One would have to think that there is some sort of problem with some BA's electrical system. Some cars blow heaps of globes others dont blow any. Makes you wonder.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 6d Location: Toowoomba Posted 02/10/05 12:31 PM Author Posted 02/10/05 12:31 PM I've had heaps of trouble with low beam lights blowing too. I'm getting quite proficient at replacing them now. No problem with foggies though.Somebody needs to design a globe that doesn't get destroyed when you get a speck of dust on it! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You dont pay for the globes yourself do you??Dazza.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now