maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 13/09/05 12:54 PM Posted 13/09/05 12:54 PM Just sold my bike tonight so its time for a new one to heal the wound.My mind is set on WR400 either 99,2000 model as that's my price range.My question is though what is the difference between a WR400 and WR400F.What does the F stand for and what dont you/do you get compared to WR400.They appear to be a bit cheaper then a normal 400 if that helpsThanks !!
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/09/05 01:43 PM Posted 13/09/05 01:43 PM The guy that works for me rides a WR400 so if no one has answered by the morning I will ask him and let you know.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 13/09/05 01:51 PM Author Posted 13/09/05 01:51 PM Thanks dean, appreciate it mate
toca_rop Member 38 Member For: 22y 6m 3d Posted 13/09/05 04:50 PM Posted 13/09/05 04:50 PM I dont think theres any differance I always thought that the F meant it was a four stroke and im pretty sure they dont make a 400 2 stroke,for example you can buy a YZ 250 which is a 2 stroke or you can get the YZ250F which is the 4 stroke.With the 400 you could get the YZ400F,WR400F or WR400F enduro.If you do buy one im sure you wont be dissapointed cos they are a good bike, so much torque you can drive up the side of a house.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/09/05 06:20 AM Posted 14/09/05 06:20 AM Yep that's it, the used to make a 2 stroke and 4 stroke version but these days the WR400 comes in 4 stroke only.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 14/09/05 06:23 AM Author Posted 14/09/05 06:23 AM hhhmmm but in the trading post there is pics of WR400F and they are 4 strokes aswell.Might have to call a motorbike shop.Thanks
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 14/09/05 06:39 AM Posted 14/09/05 06:39 AM There 4 stroke mate.Youll love them.What price range are you looking at?
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 14/09/05 06:43 AM Posted 14/09/05 06:43 AM I had a WR 250F.It was a absolute weapon of a bike.I could keep up with 400/426/450 on it.If I was you id look at WR 426 if you can budget it.Also be carfull what you look at as these new 4 strokes require very strict maintaince and oil changes otherwise you will buy a hand granade.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 14/09/05 06:53 AM Author Posted 14/09/05 06:53 AM Gday darren, I thankfully already know quite about the 400 4 stroke and I was aware they were 4 stroke only. Thanks for the tip about the maintanence though I wasnt aware they required such strict oil changes and what not. Price range is 5 grand I cant afford more than that so unfortunately a 426 is out my league for a little while. I was looking at some 250 but im a sucker for "bigger means better" and after taking both for a ride im sold on the 400.Thanks for your help
toca_rop Member 38 Member For: 22y 6m 3d Posted 14/09/05 09:26 AM Posted 14/09/05 09:26 AM You should be able to find a reasonable 426 for under 5 grand,my brother recently sold his for 4500 I think and that was about the going price, he paid 5200 from memory about 2 years ago
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now