hafadude Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 21y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Cairns Qld Posted 05/09/05 12:50 PM Posted 05/09/05 12:50 PM After a long highway run, the diff clunks when travelling slowly or coming to a stop. Anyone else had a similar problem? It's intermittent and doesn't seem to happen around town. The noise only started after I accelerated from a low speed to pass a truck, the transmission kicked down, and there was a loud clunk :( When I got home and slowing down I noticed a few low "thump" sounds from the rear end.Appreciate any feedback!
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/09/05 12:59 PM Posted 05/09/05 12:59 PM Yep, many people have it.Apparently Ford believe it is a "normal feature" of the car Good luck getting anything done about it, I have been trying for 15 months and keep getting the "normal" line.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 05/09/05 01:27 PM Posted 05/09/05 01:27 PM YepGet used to it!
hafadude Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 21y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Cairns Qld Posted 05/09/05 02:51 PM Author Posted 05/09/05 02:51 PM Thanks for the quick feedback guys. Depressing news! I will talk to the dealer I guess just in case they might do something
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 06/09/05 02:28 AM Posted 06/09/05 02:28 AM Thanks for the quick feedback guys. Depressing news! I will talk to the dealer I guess just in case they might do somethingDo a search on the forum and gain as much info as possible. This will help you when discussing the issue with your dealer to show you know what you are on about. It will also prevent you from having the wool pulled over your eyes. Spend some time searching and you will reap the benefits of a path taken by many others already.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 06/09/05 02:37 AM Posted 06/09/05 02:37 AM The thing is if you get another one there's a 90% chance that one will clunk just as much if not more. I wouldn't worry too greatly about it, I haven't heard of many actually letting go so they must be strong enough. I do agree that the noise is not acceptable but if you can deal with it just drive it normally. If it starts whirring, then you need to worry!! The whining will get louder over a few kms so either get yourself home or to the dealer as a whining from the diff means it's about to let go!
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 06/09/05 04:00 AM Posted 06/09/05 04:00 AM YepGet used to it!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> shazzy
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 06/09/05 04:33 AM Posted 06/09/05 04:33 AM Didn't we all pay extra for the clunk..!!!
Swanga Benzene Member 432 Member For: 22y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Out West Posted 06/09/05 11:53 AM Posted 06/09/05 11:53 AM Didn't we all pay extra for the clunk..!!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got them to throw it in for nothing on mine.....Seriously though, I can drive around the diff clunk but I cant do anything about the noisy gearbox which I will be complaining about regularly..
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/09/05 02:39 PM Posted 06/09/05 02:39 PM Seriously though, I can drive around the diff clunk but I cant do anything about the noisy gearbox which I will be complaining about regularly..I read in a post by Hypnodoc, that some additive fixed the noisy gearbox in his case. Was a product called Redline.EDIT: yep, it was called Redline gear oil, as found here:http://www.modyourcar.com.au/?cPath=14_202The MT90 product is a specific manual trans lubricant.Apparently silences the noise. I reckon Nulon gear oil might do the same, though this stuff had the Hypnodoc seal of approval.Could be worth a try.MT90 direct link:http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info....roducts_id=3104And..... I'm spent.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now