Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 04/08/05 07:57 AM Posted 04/08/05 07:57 AM Steve ...saw your car at HPF today.......it made good power, well done mate
gassit Grow old not up! Legacy Donating Member 227 Member For: 22y 5m 27d Location: Behind the wheel. Posted 04/08/05 10:17 PM Author Posted 04/08/05 10:17 PM OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I picked my car up from HPF at 5:00 last night and had a chat to Rob about the results.1. Stock run just whisker over 200rwkw.2. 98 Tune just over 249rwkw.3. 95 Tune just on 239rwkw.That's all I will say about kilowatts as they mean zip to me.The car power is like a train and just pulls and pulls right through the rev range.Run #1 pull up at the lights first row. Slot performance mode and wait till the light turns green next to an old vt clubbie. Take off with some caution and once rolling nail it well the rears chirped through 3500rpm till about 5000rpm, time to slot 2nd chirp, and then just pulled away from the clubbie till 100k's then back off.I went home and grabbed Jackson my 9 year old who keeps my modding a secret from SWMBO and took him for a blast on our own little bit of smoooth straight road and he says " Hey DAD this is cool"$30.00 a Kilowatt is just about the best value I can think of. Thanks to the guys at HPF and who could believe that a little black box could give you so much excitement.My next project is to either take it to Calder or Heathcote and give it a run, then decide to take the next step.I have had the pleasure of being in Craigs car with the race map and sticky tyres and his car is awsome. The danger I see is that this is addictive. Thanks Rob and HPF.Steve.My smile is so wide that my mouth hurts.
rs2000 Member 259 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Location: riddells creek Posted 05/08/05 01:33 AM Posted 05/08/05 01:33 AM OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I picked my car up from HPF at 5:00 last night and had a chat to Rob about the results.1. Stock run just whisker over 200rwkw.2. 98 Tune just over 249rwkw.3. 95 Tune just on 239rwkw.That's all I will say about kilowatts as they mean zip to me.The car power is like a train and just pulls and pulls right through the rev range.Run #1 pull up at the lights first row. Slot performance mode and wait till the light turns green next to an old vt clubbie. Take off with some caution and once rolling nail it well the rears chirped through 3500rpm till about 5000rpm, time to slot 2nd chirp, and then just pulled away from the clubbie till 100k's then back off.I went home and grabbed Jackson my 9 year old who keeps my modding a secret from SWMBO and took him for a blast on our own little bit of smoooth straight road and he says " Hey DAD this is cool"$30.00 a Kilowatt is just about the best value I can think of. Thanks to the guys at HPF and who could believe that a little black box could give you so much excitement.My next project is to either take it to Calder or Heathcote and give it a run, then decide to take the next step.I have had the pleasure of being in Craigs car with the race map and sticky tyres and his car is awsome. The danger I see is that this is addictive. Thanks Rob and HPF.Steve.My smile is so wide that my mouth hurts.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>good luck it certainly sounds like a sweet ride
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 05/08/05 03:07 AM Posted 05/08/05 03:07 AM Hope you enjoy SteveHPF are the best arnt they
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 7d Location: Canberra Posted 05/08/05 03:45 AM Posted 05/08/05 03:45 AM Great sounding results mate, no wonder you're so pleased. And I'm so envious! Enjoy the car mate, and thanks for giving me hope about a) doing mods on the sly and b) others realising that I'll never grow up no matter what age I'm supposed to be!
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 05/08/05 04:29 AM Posted 05/08/05 04:29 AM Sounds nice, good bang for buck, and it is a nice allround useable power around 250rwks, good for the street all the time. it will be good to see what it runs at the track, good luck,
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 05/08/05 04:33 AM Posted 05/08/05 04:33 AM What level do you need to look at an uprated clutch?
gassit Grow old not up! Legacy Donating Member 227 Member For: 22y 5m 27d Location: Behind the wheel. Posted 05/08/05 04:51 AM Author Posted 05/08/05 04:51 AM Adam, Thanks mate catch up for a drink at kittens again soon.Bugster,Cheers, no point growing up, you end so boring that your kids won't talk to you and never ever thrash your car with the missus in it. Blueboost, Thanks for the kind words.Cobra, Can't answer as I'm a lazy s@#t with an auto.I drove to Lilydale and back today! WoooooHoooooo.Hmmmmmmmmmm...........................................Boost. Steve
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 05/08/05 05:54 AM Posted 05/08/05 05:54 AM Sounds great Steve. It doesn't seem so long ago that you and Jackson had a ride in mine and you were trying to figure out how you were going to get out of the N/A XR6 into a "T". I bet Jackson loves it.Geea.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 05/08/05 07:28 AM Posted 05/08/05 07:28 AM That's a good result Steve, saw your car on the dyno at HPF yesterday...............well done mate Are you coming on the cruise this Sunday
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now