Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
Intercooler water sprays how have you done it how has it worked and if you have photos

Please

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try Geeas home made one here

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
Thanks George I have read that one and I hope you are ok

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Feeling much better thanks mate............got any sedan MkIIs in auto for sale :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 16d
Posted
Thanks George I have read that one and I hope you are ok

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Feeling much better thanks mate............got any sedan MkIIs in auto for sale :stirthepot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their going cheep in geelong the dealers are giving sh*t trading a lot of guys are keeping them like me tell me what you wont and I will ask around work and see what guys are selling .

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I didnt have to take off the wheel or front bumper. I bought a Expensive Daewoo washer replacment part bottle from Supercheap and some pipes and nozzles from miter10 gardening. I bought a one way air-water valve from a fish/pet shop but it didnt work so I came up with another anti-syphon method. Works well :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 17d
  • Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney
Posted
...so I came up with another anti-syphon method. Works well :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well? You can't leave us hanging there! :blink:

Care to elaborate? :nono:

Chris :nono:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I use a second motor connected to the existing washer bottle (There is already a slot for the second motor for the rear window of wagons.)

I run a hobbs pressure switch connected in line with my boost gauge, when it sees 5 pound of boost it supplies power to the motor which supplies the 4 jets I have mounted in the front bar (just garden wide angle spray heads and garden water system hoses)

When the boost drops below 5 pounds again off goes the water, works perfectly.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 16d
Posted
I use a second motor connected to the existing washer bottle (There is already a slot for the second motor for the rear window of wagons.)

I run a hobbs pressure switch connected in line with my boost gauge, when it sees 5 pound of boost it supplies power to the motor which supplies the 4 jets I have mounted in the front bar (just garden wide angle spray heads and garden water system hoses)

When the boost drops below 5 pounds again off goes the water, works perfectly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sound good that is the best one yet can you explain the Hobbs pressure switch

How that works and where to get and with the sprays do you have plenty of water coming out of all jets with the small motor.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

The hobbs switch is available from many places, CAPA sell them and list them on thier website under hardware and hoses for about $70. It is basically a switch, so I supply constant 12 volts to the motor via ignition and run the earth through the normally open contacts on the hobbs switch. When the hobbs switch (Which is adjustable) sees 5 psi it closes the normally open contact and completes the ground to the motor.

I use a full washer bottle every couple of days so that is enough for me and it gives a good supply of water to both the bottom open section and the open section of my APS intercooler.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...