THEMESHMAN260 Member 155 Member For: 22y 8m 17d Posted 26/07/05 09:51 AM Posted 26/07/05 09:51 AM Intercooler water sprays how have you done it how has it worked and if you have photosPlease
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 26/07/05 10:56 AM Posted 26/07/05 10:56 AM Intercooler water sprays how have you done it how has it worked and if you have photosPlease<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Try Geeas home made one here
THEMESHMAN260 Member 155 Member For: 22y 8m 17d Posted 26/07/05 11:05 AM Author Posted 26/07/05 11:05 AM Thanks George I have read that one and I hope you are ok
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 26/07/05 11:17 AM Posted 26/07/05 11:17 AM Thanks George I have read that one and I hope you are ok<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Feeling much better thanks mate............got any sedan MkIIs in auto for sale
THEMESHMAN260 Member 155 Member For: 22y 8m 17d Posted 27/07/05 10:29 AM Author Posted 27/07/05 10:29 AM Thanks George I have read that one and I hope you are ok<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Feeling much better thanks mate............got any sedan MkIIs in auto for sale <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Their going cheep in geelong the dealers are giving sh*t trading a lot of guys are keeping them like me tell me what you wont and I will ask around work and see what guys are selling .
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 28/07/05 02:50 AM Posted 28/07/05 02:50 AM I didnt have to take off the wheel or front bumper. I bought a Expensive Daewoo washer replacment part bottle from Supercheap and some pipes and nozzles from miter10 gardening. I bought a one way air-water valve from a fish/pet shop but it didnt work so I came up with another anti-syphon method. Works well
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 17d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 28/07/05 09:33 AM Posted 28/07/05 09:33 AM ...so I came up with another anti-syphon method. Works well <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well? You can't leave us hanging there! Care to elaborate? Chris
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/05 09:47 AM Posted 28/07/05 09:47 AM I use a second motor connected to the existing washer bottle (There is already a slot for the second motor for the rear window of wagons.)I run a hobbs pressure switch connected in line with my boost gauge, when it sees 5 pound of boost it supplies power to the motor which supplies the 4 jets I have mounted in the front bar (just garden wide angle spray heads and garden water system hoses)When the boost drops below 5 pounds again off goes the water, works perfectly.
THEMESHMAN260 Member 155 Member For: 22y 8m 17d Posted 28/07/05 10:30 AM Author Posted 28/07/05 10:30 AM I use a second motor connected to the existing washer bottle (There is already a slot for the second motor for the rear window of wagons.)I run a hobbs pressure switch connected in line with my boost gauge, when it sees 5 pound of boost it supplies power to the motor which supplies the 4 jets I have mounted in the front bar (just garden wide angle spray heads and garden water system hoses)When the boost drops below 5 pounds again off goes the water, works perfectly.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That sound good that is the best one yet can you explain the Hobbs pressure switchHow that works and where to get and with the sprays do you have plenty of water coming out of all jets with the small motor.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/05 10:54 AM Posted 28/07/05 10:54 AM The hobbs switch is available from many places, CAPA sell them and list them on thier website under hardware and hoses for about $70. It is basically a switch, so I supply constant 12 volts to the motor via ignition and run the earth through the normally open contacts on the hobbs switch. When the hobbs switch (Which is adjustable) sees 5 psi it closes the normally open contact and completes the ground to the motor.I use a full washer bottle every couple of days so that is enough for me and it gives a good supply of water to both the bottom open section and the open section of my APS intercooler.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now