Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 25d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

Picked 'er up a few days early yesterday afternoon with a whopping 38kms on the clock - pulled up to work this morning with 178kms.

Coming from my ute, damn, is this thing about five thousand percent better (sorry ute guys). Quieter, smoother and I love the FPV interior. All the dual climate control and premium audio, now I know what I have been missing all this time.

Driving it, well, I am trying to take it reasonably easy to give it a good proper run-in rowing through the gears and speaking of gears, the gearbox feels like a bloody tractor! It is that tight and stiff, although, even after this few km's it is getting better. I nearly had to use two hands to change gears yesterday! The clutch feels really strong although it engages at about 98% of travel - a long way off the floor and took a bit of getting used to as my ute engaged about one mm off the floor. I had a few "interesting" gear changes.

I thing I am most impressed with is the engine. I thought I would miss the sheer HP that my ute makes but in everyday driving, the 'phoon engine is stronger. It pulls better from low rpm and has much better throttle response. There is no 'box noise or vibration through the cabin, nothing. Very impressive. It idles smoothly, doesn't seem to want to stall............(touches wood - head). Not wanting to stir any pots, but if this is what edit is like to a standard T, now I know what people are on about - don't start any edit threads here!

The suspension and body feels really tied down. It feels stiffer than even my Boss's brand new GT-P but still rides well. I am sure that a few more km's will loosen it up a little. Handles okay - haven't really thrown it at any corners yet.

Overall, in this colour, driving to work this morning it was driving a big shiny d!ck, everyone just stares at it. All the little bogans want to race it, I even had a young guy in a rex stick his whole head out the window looking back at it.

I love it. :kissmy:

Pics will be added on the weekend.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 17d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Its good to hear some really positive feedback on the Phoon!

Now all I have to do is start saving!

  • Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 11d
  • Location: D SHIRE!
Posted

Well done :kissmy: they certainly are a trully awesome machine the in gear accelaration is amazing even from low rpm ENJOY :pooh:

CYA JEFF :pooh:

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 21d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted

congratulations

ditto to above

good hear someone ecstatic with their phoon

:blink:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hi F6 RAPID,

I got pretty excited reading your post as I have a Tornado on order, but have only test driven the XR6T sedan. how do you think the FPV engineering will compare. Obviously the engines are the same so that will be ALL good :blink:

The XR6t felt quite good (compared to my XE ute), can I expect another step up in the tornado or is the ute chassis just not up to the task?

Any comments are welcome, thanks.

Chris.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth, I think?
Posted

Congratulations Shane. Can't wait to see her in real life.

But, like they say, any post introducing a new car is useless without photo's mate!!! :blink:

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 25d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted
Hi F6 RAPID,

I got pretty excited reading your post as I have a Tornado on order, but have only test driven the XR6T sedan. how do you think the FPV engineering will compare. Obviously the engines are the same so that will be ALL good :blink:

The XR6t felt quite good (compared to my XE ute), can I expect another step up in the tornado or is the ute chassis just not up to the task?

Any comments are welcome, thanks.

Chris.

Mate, to be completely honest, I do not think FPV could engineer the leaf sprung rear end out of it - I hope that it is better than my turbo ute though! You would expect it to be. I am bloody sure you will love it, especially compared to your XE !!!

The FPV engineering really is quite noticeable. One drive and you can feel and see where the money and time were spent. Pretty impressive, even for a sceptic like me! :gooff:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

Don't worry about the heavy gear box. I have just run in my 6sp and it started off just like you described. But after 2000kms it feels really nice now. You won't be disapointed!!!

Guest mercurysteve
  • Guests
Posted

Congrats, nice car mate, no make that a REALLY nice car :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...