Guest australiz Guests Posted 28/06/05 09:47 AM Posted 28/06/05 09:47 AM I spoke to AAMI about insuring my T, if it was edited with new injectors.They said they would only insure my vehicle with an accessory provided by Ford.I suspect they were spinning me a line, and would appreciate input from other modded T owners who are insured with AAMI.Thanks Pete
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/06/05 09:57 AM Posted 28/06/05 09:57 AM You are allowed 3 mods.A "kit" is not a mod I.e APS Phase III is not 1 mod it is Piggy back chipexhaustinjectorscold air intakeintercoolerturbo modificationbattery relocationintake modificationthat's 8 mods
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 28/06/05 10:01 AM Posted 28/06/05 10:01 AM Go figure, my APS phase 2 T was insured with AAMI no problems at all.Mods listed Chip, Exhaust ,CAI and injectors - $975 PA . Stock Phoon $ 2200 Not sure whether I will declare an edit as it is more of a tune than a modification . What do you guys reckon?Mods on the Phoon will be injectors ,zorst , fuel pump and of course and edit. I am curious whether they try and enforce the 3 mod rule as they did not with my T.
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/06/05 10:05 AM Posted 28/06/05 10:05 AM Go figure, my APS phase 2 T was insured with AAMI no problems at all.Mods listed Chip, Exhaust ,CAI and injectors - $975 PA . Stock Phoon $ 2200 Not sure whether I will declare an edit as it is more of a tune than a modification . What do you guys reckon?Mods on the Phoon will be injectors ,zorst , fuel pump and of course and edit. I am curious whether they try and enforce the 3 mod rule as they did not with my T.I am sure they will.I was talking to one guy who said AAMI were trying to claim his "premium sound" upgrade as a mod as well...Apparently, a mod is not just engine...
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 28/06/05 10:13 AM Posted 28/06/05 10:13 AM On my policy premium sound was listed as an accessory as it was fitted by the factory.and so it bloody should be
sutty Mushroom Legacy Donating Member 799 Member For: 22y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: THORNLANDS, QLD Posted 28/06/05 10:20 AM Posted 28/06/05 10:20 AM It must depend on who you get on the other end of the phone. I have all my mods listed on the policy with AAMI (piggy back chip, exhaust, injectors, intercooler, pipe work, air brushing, after market wheels etc). I had also heard of the "3 mod" policy, but when recently upgrading the intercooler I thought I'd try them and got it through no prob's. Heaps cheaper than Just Cars.
Guest australiz Guests Posted 28/06/05 12:09 PM Posted 28/06/05 12:09 PM It must depend on who you get on the other end of the phone. I have all my mods listed on the policy with AAMI (piggy back chip, exhaust, injectors, intercooler, pipe work, air brushing, after market wheels etc). I had also heard of the "3 mod" policy, but when recently upgrading the intercooler I thought I'd try them and got it through no prob's. Heaps cheaper than Just Cars.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Guys,I guess I'll just keep trying until I get someone who says yes.Sounds like it may be easier to get a piggyback insured than an edit. They asked in some detail what an edit was and how it affected the engine tuning.I'll try again in a few weeks and see how I go. No rush for me though, I'm waiting for an APS edit, whenever that happens to be.CHeers PeteXR6T Lightning Strike Tint Auto
axr-jet Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 22y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Sth/East Posted 30/06/05 09:57 AM Posted 30/06/05 09:57 AM Go figure, my APS phase 2 T was insured with AAMI no problems at all.Mods listed Chip, Exhaust ,CAI and injectors - $975 PA . Stock Phoon $ 2200 Not sure whether I will declare an edit as it is more of a tune than a modification . What do you guys reckon?Mods on the Phoon will be injectors ,zorst , fuel pump and of course and edit. I am curious whether they try and enforce the 3 mod rule as they did not with my T.I am with AAMI,Just got my renewal today APS phase II,Upgrade Valve springs,Trans mods&oil cooler,agreed value for 50K=$784PA.
sutty Mushroom Legacy Donating Member 799 Member For: 22y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: THORNLANDS, QLD Posted 30/06/05 11:27 AM Posted 30/06/05 11:27 AM It must depend on who you get on the other end of the phone. I have all my mods listed on the policy with AAMI (piggy back chip, exhaust, injectors, intercooler, pipe work, air brushing, after market wheels etc). I had also heard of the "3 mod" policy, but when recently upgrading the intercooler I thought I'd try them and got it through no prob's. Heaps cheaper than Just Cars.Thanks Guys,I guess I'll just keep trying until I get someone who says yes.Sounds like it may be easier to get a piggyback insured than an edit. They asked in some detail what an edit was and how it affected the engine tuning.I'll try again in a few weeks and see how I go. No rush for me though, I'm waiting for an APS edit, whenever that happens to be.CHeers PeteXR6T Lightning Strike Tint AutoDon't hold your breath.Should be about 2 weeks I reckon.
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 30/06/05 12:27 PM Posted 30/06/05 12:27 PM They said they would only insure my vehicle with an accessory provided by Ford.by Ford or by a Ford dealer? plenty of ford dealers will sell you the edit, might just be the loop hole that you need.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now