cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 10m 20d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 25/06/05 10:09 AM Posted 25/06/05 10:09 AM Ok Guys'n'Gals ive pretty much decided now that im gonna get the Speedy Mercury Wheels.Only thing is ill most likely be getting the 17inch option due to $$$Ive been quoted $1100 for these fitted etc... If I was to go 18's id be up for about $2500 So with the money I save im gonna get King Springs and lower the T...Just wanted to know what ppl thoughts about the 17' idea with king springs...If its worth doing or if im better off waiting another 6 months till I get enough $$ to do this...cheers cikas
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 25/06/05 11:18 AM Posted 25/06/05 11:18 AM I reckon wait... otherwise you will always be kickin yourself that you should have gone the 18sGet what you REALLY want first time... even if it means you have to wait a little bit longer
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 25/06/05 11:20 AM Posted 25/06/05 11:20 AM These dont tickle your fancy??http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...015&part_no=636http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...00A&part_no=939http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...001&part_no=925
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 10m 20d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 25/06/05 11:25 AM Author Posted 25/06/05 11:25 AM Yeah some of those are pretty sweet.BUt ive heard some good and some bad things about tempe.. And I dont realy want to be one of those bad things to happen to me.. Especial when they are over the East states...
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 25/06/05 01:34 PM Posted 25/06/05 01:34 PM Wait or you'll be looking to upgrade later!I'm on 18's and want to go 19's already.
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 10m 20d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 25/06/05 02:05 PM Author Posted 25/06/05 02:05 PM I reckon wait... otherwise you will always be kickin yourself that you should have gone the 18s<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wait or you'll be looking to upgrade later!I'm on 18's and want to go 19's already.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I guess you guys are right.. I was pretty much thinking short term, But I guess if I wait.. ( Gonna be around xmas time ) Ill be more satisfied in the end..Ill go get the Springs done soonish.. And ill see how they look with the stock rims on.. Who knows I might likem as is.. Does anyone have a pic of a T with stock rims on with Kings SSL / SL on em?
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/06/05 02:46 PM Posted 25/06/05 02:46 PM 18's is a good balance. I would wait and the go up a size when you have the bucks. You could still lower the car now, it would look
Swanga Benzene Member 432 Member For: 22y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: Out West Posted 25/06/05 04:06 PM Posted 25/06/05 04:06 PM I did a bit of wheel browsing today I couldnt believe the price bobjane wanted for a set of ROH Modenas..............$1100 per rim...........Im in a similar situation cikas, I was thinking of getting 18's but might spew if I dont get 19's, but I'll be lowering it first then taking it from there
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Location: Birkdale Posted 26/06/05 04:53 AM Posted 26/06/05 04:53 AM I did a bit of wheel browsing today I couldnt believe the price bobjane wanted for a set of ROH Modenas..............$1100 per rim...........Im in a similar situation cikas, I was thinking of getting 18's but might spew if I dont get 19's, but I'll be lowering it first then taking it from there<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got quoted $900 for the 3 piece in 19" !! Talk about variation!
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 22d Location: Canberra Posted 27/06/05 01:37 AM Posted 27/06/05 01:37 AM This may sound obvious, but it's not just the upfront cost you have to worry about. Every time you need to change your tyres it's gonna cost more. Decent tyres in an 18" will cost a helluva lot more than their 17" equivalents. If you don't think that's gonna pose a problem down the track, then I'd say definitely go the 18"s. It was the hugely increased ongoing costs that put me off getting 19" rims for my T - a decent tyre in that size will set you back around $600+ a pop!! Just not something I can justify at this stage of my life.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now