axr-jet Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 22y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Sth/East Posted 21/06/05 08:50 AM Posted 21/06/05 08:50 AM This is the letter I got today from my dealer.Our reccords indicate your vehicle registration ***-*** has been recalled by Ford Motor Co to inspect and upgrade the PCM. has anybody eles had one of these letters sent to them,and what is it about.As I have a Phase II I am not shore if I should let them play with my T. JET.
beauies Member 209 Member For: 23y 16d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 21/06/05 09:08 AM Posted 21/06/05 09:08 AM I take it the last three months your car hasnt seen a ford dealership service centre?
axr-jet Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 22y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Sth/East Posted 21/06/05 10:06 AM Author Posted 21/06/05 10:06 AM I take it the last three months your car hasnt seen a ford dealership service centre?It has I had the 15K service done on the 7th of April as a matter of fact maybe I just missed out.Why is that?as I know jack about the T's computer side of thing's. JET
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 21/06/05 10:37 PM Posted 21/06/05 10:37 PM sound suss to anyone else?
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 22/06/05 02:34 AM Posted 22/06/05 02:34 AM They've probably found a week point in the driveline and they're going to recall all cars and reduce their power to 100kw's via the PCM.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 22/06/05 02:48 AM Posted 22/06/05 02:48 AM If you get her re-flashed by Ford, then suggest you book the car back in to your friendy APS man same day or next.Strange, thought they would have done it in April. They did mine in Feb.New flash is said to play havoc with the Unichip
axr-jet Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 22y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Sth/East Posted 22/06/05 10:31 AM Author Posted 22/06/05 10:31 AM Rang my dealer today and they told me the recall was to fix the OVER BOOST problem people are having,when I told him I have a APS Phase II he told me dont worry about coming in all is good. JET
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 11m 3d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 22/06/05 10:36 AM Posted 22/06/05 10:36 AM ahh well that was easy enough to solve.. If only all ford problems were that easy to solve
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now