Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albany Creek QLD
Posted

I have never posted pic of the M5 as I thought no one was interested as we are a Ford site. I still own 2 Mazda/Fords and a BA....

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 6d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
I have never posted pic of the M5 as I thought no one was interested as we are a Ford site. I still own 2 Mazda/Fords and a BA....

Post them up we are all car enthusiasts! :stirthepot:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 7d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)
My first drive was in an M3-R. Totally and utterly blew me away. It was one ordered as a race car for Targa Tasmania but the buyer pulled out and somoene else snapped it up. What a car. You can still see it driving around Melbourne (Vic: Armadale/Malvern area) in black with a wing and personalised plate. (Wont mention it here).

I don't mean to sound like a smartarse as I'm only new to this board, but all M3Rs were white except one yellow one. Not that anyone would really care on this board :)

Dallas, I'd love to see pics of your M5 - I'm a bit of a BMW nut myself...

Edited by Shockwave-T
  • fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Point Cook, Vic
Posted

I read the M5 review in the latest Wheels magazine today and boy does it sound like the complete package! :laughing:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 3d
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted
I read the M5 review in the latest Wheels magazine today and boy does it sound like the complete package! :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know. Bloody awesome. 4.4 sec to 100km/h. They shaved .3 of a second from claimed time from BMW themselves. I can't wait to see what the M6 is going to go like!!

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I nearly defected to a 1999 M5 on Saturday, the reason I diddnt was because I did not want to spend $100k on a 6yo car with only 12 months warranty. :spoton:

The Wife said I could if I really wanted to, but I think I will wait 2-3 years and get the V10 M5 (I hope new) :nono: .

I still think the V8 M5 is the best 4 door on the market, it was a difficult decision to not get one :laughing:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 6d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
My first drive was in an M3-R. Totally and utterly blew me away. It was one ordered as a race car for Targa Tasmania but the buyer pulled out and somoene else snapped it up. What a car. You can still see it driving around Melbourne (Vic: Armadale/Malvern area) in black with a wing and personalised plate. (Wont mention it here).

I don't mean to sound like a smartarse as I'm only new to this board, but all M3Rs were white except one yellow one. Not that anyone would really care on this board :)

Dallas, I'd love to see pics of your M5 - I'm a bit of a BMW nut myself...

No offence taken, you have every right to say what you believe in the constructive manner you have. However when I picked up my X5 last month, they took me downstairs in the storgae area and the sales guy showed me a silver one with QLD plates. Could'nt stop drooling. Apparently the owners must sign a document stating that they will not drive the car in the rain?

They way he put it I am assuming because of the power? This one has the Carbon fibre black roof with the rest of the car in silver.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Apparently the owners must sign a document stating that they will not drive the car in the rain?

They way he put it I am assuming because of the power? This one has the Carbon fibre black roof with the rest of the car in silver.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it might have something to do with the tyres. Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. They are a semi-slick.

  • What's happening?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Steel City, NSW
Posted

Yeah, that's what I read also. The car you saw was the M3 CSL from last year (or early this year). Limited edition track special, hence the Carbon Fibre roof etc. They were silver or black only I believe.

M3R were from the previous model 3 series.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 10d
Posted
I nearly defected to a 1999 M5 on Saturday, the reason I diddnt was because I did not want to spend $100k on a 6yo car with only 12 months warranty. :spoton:

The Wife said I could if I really wanted to, but I think I will wait 2-3 years and get the V10 M5 (I hope new) :blush: .

I still think the V8 M5 is the best 4 door on the market, it was a difficult decision to not get one :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome car. But the price you quote is too high. Should pay between $78k-$89k.

To be honest, not bad to get a $200k car for say $85k about 5 years later!

Many of them have been driven by pussies keen for the image, but who dont know what an accelerator is for.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...