Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 14d
  • Location: Perth Western Australia
Posted

I currently have standard sound in my T sedan but love the look of the premium display. Is there any way known to man to get this installed??

I spoke to Ford who gave me the predictable answer that it 'was a factory option only - sorry can't be done' :fool:

Is it possible to buy the whole console and replace the existing one??

Has anyone done this??

:fool:

Jason

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 15d
  • Location: Frankston
Posted
I currently have standard sound in my T sedan but love the look of the premium display.  Is there any way known to man to get this installed??

I spoke to Ford who gave me the predictable answer that it 'was a factory option only - sorry can't be done'  :fool:

Is it possible to buy the whole console and replace the existing one?? 

Has anyone done this??

:fool:

Jason

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope cant be done :fool:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 14d
  • Location: Perth Western Australia
Posted

Why can't it be done.... we can put man in space for :fool: sake... why cant I have a pretty ICC?? :fool:

Aaaarrrrgghghhhh...

Surely someone must know someone who knows something about this??

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
Why can't it be done.... we can put man in space for  :fool:  sake... why cant I have a pretty ICC??  :fool:

Aaaarrrrgghghhhh...

Surely someone must know someone who knows something about this??

Im sure that it can be done.... but is it feasible is the question.... and I think its not... im sure if you threw 10K at your dealer they would work it out.... but to change it over for the normal cost price of $900 , well it wouldnt be worthwhile for them.... times that by ten and I bet you could find some1 to do it.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
HI

I can get yours changed to the premium unit for about $1400.00 It will fit in without having to have the computer re progrmaed to except the new unit.

that's awesome.... hows it work... considering the computer controls everything??

the mark1 ute boys will love this :fool:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 14d
  • Location: Perth Western Australia
Posted
HI

I can get yours changed to the premium unit for about $1400.00 It will fit in without having to have the computer re progrmaed to except the new unit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PM sent - but for the rest of the forum how is it done??

I was told by the parts guy at my Ford dealership that there was no way to do it because each ICC had some sort of ID that only matched with that particular vehicle?? Is this your understanding and if so how do you get around it?

cheers :blink:

Jason

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
HI

I can get yours changed to the premium unit for about $1400.00 It will fit in without having to have the computer re progrmaed to except the new unit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does that include the whole new dash centre? I'd be very interested in getting it for a certain ute ...

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
HI

I can get yours changed to the premium unit for about $1400.00 It will fit in without having to have the computer re progrmaed to except the new unit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PM sent - but for the rest of the forum how is it done??

I was told by the parts guy at my Ford dealership that there was no way to do it because each ICC had some sort of ID that only matched with that particular vehicle?? Is this your understanding and if so how do you get around it?

cheers :spoton:

Jason

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It can be done, you need to have your new ICC reflashed by the WDS. This is the info I got from insiders at Broadmeadows.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

From previous topics it appears that the wiring loom is different between standard and premium cars as well? Premium adds wires for lights etc, but makes sense that there must be some other difference for the ICC itself?

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

It can be done. I've seen it done before in a ute, they changed the standard audio to a GT premium setup. See below:

When you remove your original ICC lay it on it's side and remove the BEM from the bottom of it and fit it to the new ICC assy. This will prevent you from having to have your ignition keys retrained to the vehicle. Then if you look on the top of the original ICC you will see the reciever for your remotes. Remove this and fit it to your new ICC and you wont have to retrain your remotes either.

You will however have to initialize the new ICC with a WDS/PDS to make it operate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...