Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay NorthQueensland
Posted

as long as it gets off the ground I am happy, and I will adjust my car to a class, if people don't stick to the rules well they are just cheating themselves,

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 4d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: next door..
Posted
I've had a think and have come up with this. What does everyone think. It gives everyone something to aim at and is easy to check.
XR6Turbo

Tuned. This is for stock cars with the only modification being an edit or piggyback. No other modification allowed

Street. Must run factory intercooler and factory turbo with street tyres.

Anything else can be modded. (No Nos)

Super Street. Must run factory turbo and street tyres.

Anything else can be modded. (No Nos)

Super Strip. Must run factory turbo.

Anything else can be modded. (No Nos)

OUTLAW. No restrictions.

Anyone that runs Nos, or a bigger turbo is in this class.

XR8 & GT

(BOSS engined cars)

Tuned. This is for stock cars with the only modification being an edit or piggyback. No other modification allowed

Street. Unopened with street tyres.

Any bolt-on mods. (No Nos)

Super Street. Any mods with street tyres. No forced induction or Nos.

Super Strip. Any mods. No forced induction or Nos.

OUTLAW. No restrictions.

Any forced induction, (including Nos)

I have tried to keep it to a minimum number of classes whilest still giving everyone something to aim at. I’ve also tried to avoid controversy by not including things that can’t be checked easily.

Geea. :spoton:

I think this division of classes is pretty good..

how about dividing into power classes eg. 200-250rwkw 250-300rwkw 300-350rwkw 350+rwkw

my 2c

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted
I've had a think and have come up with this. What does everyone think. It gives everyone something to aim at and is easy to check.
XR6Turbo

Tuned. This is for stock cars with the only modification being an edit or piggyback. No other modification allowed

Street. Must run factory intercooler and factory turbo with street tyres.

Anything else can be modded. (No Nos)

Super Street. Must run factory turbo and street tyres.

Anything else can be modded. (No Nos)

Super Strip. Must run factory turbo.

Anything else can be modded. (No Nos)

OUTLAW. No restrictions.

Anyone that runs Nos, or a bigger turbo is in this class.

XR8 & GT

(BOSS engined cars)

Tuned. This is for stock cars with the only modification being an edit or piggyback. No other modification allowed

Street. Unopened with street tyres.

Any bolt-on mods. (No Nos)

Super Street. Any mods with street tyres. No forced induction or Nos.

Super Strip. Any mods. No forced induction or Nos.

OUTLAW. No restrictions.

Any forced induction, (including Nos)

I have tried to keep it to a minimum number of classes whilest still giving everyone something to aim at. I’ve also tried to avoid controversy by not including things that can’t be checked easily.

Geea. :pooh:

Im happy with that Craig...bring it on...!!! :spoton:

Rob...

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay NorthQueensland
Posted

I went to a street meet on friday night and my xr6t ran a new PB of 12.014 @ 114.55 mph, it ran a 60ft of 1.77 on that run, but the run before it ran 1.74 60ft so an 11 is there for the taking. so close to a 11, but so far, I have to drive 650 klm round trip to go to the drags so it is a tease to be that close to a 11. anyway my tappet cover has never been removed at all, (standed springs) and did it with pump fuel on street legal radial tyres. is this the quickest time for an unopened xr6t. I raced gtr's and wrx's and supra tt's and someother v8's and it wipped them all. an xr6t is now the fastest street car in Mackay (running pump fuel and street radials) and 3rd over all on street (Two above me run on methenal) GO THE T

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
I went to a street meet on friday night and my xr6t ran a new PB of 12.014 @ 114.55 mph, it ran a 60ft of 1.77 on that run, but the run before it ran 1.74 60ft so an 11 is there for the taking. so close to a 11, but so far, I have to drive 650 klm round trip to go to the drags so it is a tease to be that close to a 11. anyway my tappet cover has never been removed at all, (standed springs) and did it with pump fuel on street legal radial tyres. is this the quickest time for an unopened xr6t.      I raced gtr's and wrx's and supra tt's and someother v8's and it wipped them all. an xr6t is now the fastest street car in Mackay (running pump fuel and street radials) and 3rd over all on street (Two above me run on methenal)                                                GO THE T

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's a great time hopefully you'll be able to get an 11 next time out. :wytpgar:

What sort of tyres were you using and whats been done to the auto. What other mods do you have? What sort of power do you have cause that's a great 60', whats your secret???

Geea. :tease:

Posted

so have we decided on the classes?

I think as craig and I came up with the most sugestions we should get together and come up with a proposal and post it up with a poll!!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay NorthQueensland
Posted
I went to a street meet on friday night and my xr6t ran a new PB of 12.014 @ 114.55 mph, it ran a 60ft of 1.77 on that run, but the run before it ran 1.74 60ft so an 11 is there for the taking. so close to a 11, but so far, I have to drive 650 klm round trip to go to the drags so it is a tease to be that close to a 11. anyway my tappet cover has never been removed at all, (standed springs) and did it with pump fuel on street legal radial tyres. is this the quickest time for an unopened xr6t.       I raced gtr's and wrx's and supra tt's and someother v8's and it wipped them all. an xr6t is now the fastest street car in Mackay (running pump fuel and street radials) and 3rd over all on street (Two above me run on methenal)                                                 GO THE T

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's a great time hopefully you'll be able to get an 11 next time out. :stirthepot:

What sort of tyres were you using and whats been done to the auto. What other mods do you have? What sort of power do you have cause that's a great 60', whats your secret???

Geea. :stirthepot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Craig, Last time I put it on the dyno it pulled 274kw, but played with the tune myself since a bit and put a cat back twin 21/5 inch exhaust on it, it has a pwr intercooler on it, injectors fuelpump and exede, I have a 3000 stall and I ran micky thompson street radials on it, I run standed air box with a could air duct going under light, it had bp ult in it, I would gess it has about 280kw now, and it runs 12 psi boost, but on gear changes it spikes to about 14psi for from the extra load, the convertor and the tyres are the reason for the 60ft time. the auto has line pressures lifted and the convertor, but also has a oil coolerfor the trany. I think Craigs old car ran about the same mph (115) with about the same power (280 I think) and it seems this power is not over kill for the auto with the line preasures lifted, (so far any how) I am hoping to go back to the drags next weekend, and it is a proper meet, so the traction might be better, (I broke traction a when I stalled it harder, I think it could have a 1.70 60ft in it if traction permits.) I have set my car so to lift the hood, it looks standed . I forgot to mention that I put a 2 pound extention spring on the wast gate to stop it from getting pushed open from the exhaust preasure,(because of the standed inlet pipe work restriction. (it did not want to go over 10 psi without this) air fuel ratio is about 12.4.

I would like to thank this Forum for the imformation that has lead to my car going this hard, and I hope what I have told you helps someone else.

Hopping for 11's

David

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
so have we decided on the classes?

I think as craig and I came up with the most sugestions we should get together and come up with a proposal and post it up with a poll!!!

Poll away Nick and Craig :stirthepot:

Posted
I went to a street meet on friday night and my xr6t ran a new PB of 12.014 @ 114.55 mph, it ran a 60ft of 1.77 on that run, but the run before it ran 1.74 60ft so an 11 is there for the taking. so close to a 11, but so far, I have to drive 650 klm round trip to go to the drags so it is a tease to be that close to a 11. anyway my tappet cover has never been removed at all, (standed springs) and did it with pump fuel on street legal radial tyres. is this the quickest time for an unopened xr6t.       I raced gtr's and wrx's and supra tt's and someother v8's and it wipped them all. an xr6t is now the fastest street car in Mackay (running pump fuel and street radials) and 3rd over all on street (Two above me run on methenal)                                                 GO THE T

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's a great time hopefully you'll be able to get an 11 next time out. :stirthepot:

What sort of tyres were you using and whats been done to the auto. What other mods do you have? What sort of power do you have cause that's a great 60', whats your secret???

Geea. :stirthepot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Craig, Last time I put it on the dyno it pulled 274kw, but played with the tune myself since a bit and put a cat back twin 21/5 inch exhaust on it, it has a pwr intercooler on it, injectors fuelpump and exede, I have a 3000 stall and I ran micky thompson street radials on it, I run standed air box with a could air duct going under light, it had bp ult in it, I would gess it has about 280kw now, and it runs 12 psi boost, but on gear changes it spikes to about 14psi for from the extra load, the convertor and the tyres are the reason for the 60ft time. the auto has line pressures lifted and the convertor, but also has a oil coolerfor the trany. I think Craigs old car ran about the same mph (115) with about the same power (280 I think) and it seems this power is not over kill for the auto with the line preasures lifted, (so far any how) I am hoping to go back to the drags next weekend, and it is a proper meet, so the traction might be better, (I broke traction a when I stalled it harder, I think it could have a 1.70 60ft in it if traction permits.) I have set my car so to lift the hood, it looks standed . I forgot to mention that I put a 2 pound extention spring on the wast gate to stop it from getting pushed open from the exhaust preasure,(because of the standed inlet pipe work restriction. (it did not want to go over 10 psi without this) air fuel ratio is about 12.4.

I would like to thank this Forum for the imformation that has lead to my car going this hard, and I hope what I have told you helps someone else.

Hopping for 11's

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well done blue boost as I understand it youve done most of it yourself!!!

hows the idle?

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
Thanks Craig, Last time I put it on the dyno it pulled 274kw, but played with the tune myself since a bit and put a cat back twin 21/5 inch exhaust on it, it has a pwr intercooler on it, injectors fuelpump and exede, I have a 3000 stall and I ran micky thompson street radials on it, I run standed air box with a could air duct going under light, it had bp ult in it, I would gess it has about 280kw now, and it runs 12 psi boost, but on gear changes it spikes to about 14psi for from the extra load, the convertor and the tyres are the reason for the 60ft time. the auto has line pressures lifted and the convertor, but also has a oil coolerfor the trany.  I think Craigs old car ran about the same mph (115) with about the same power (280 I think) and it seems this power is not over kill for the auto with the line preasures lifted, (so far any how)  I am hoping to go back to the drags next weekend, and it is a proper meet, so the traction might be better, (I broke traction a when I stalled it harder, I think it could have a 1.70 60ft in it if traction permits.)   I have set my car so to lift the hood, it looks standed . I forgot to mention that I put a 2 pound extention spring on the wast gate to stop it from getting pushed open from the exhaust preasure,(because of the standed inlet pipe work restriction. (it did not want to go over 10 psi without this) air fuel ratio is about 12.4.        

                          I would like to thank this Forum for the imformation that has lead to my car going this hard, and I hope what I have told you helps someone else.

           Hopping for 11's 

                                     David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great stuff David, I hope you get your 11 real soon. :spoton:

Geea. :hrmm:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...