Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I agree with you totally on the intake plenum change, the stocker is :beerchug: in my opinion as far as versatility is concerned. How much did you pay for the Nizpro kit? I know it ain't cheap, maybe if they mass produced more the price would come down a bit and more ppl would buy it?

I also hate the fact the pipes are a mile long. I have always believed that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... intake box close to turbo, outlet straight ahead to intercooler, other side of cooler straight up into front of plenum... it makes so much more sense that crossing over the bloody engine TWICE, picking up more heat on the way past.

If I had the dosh I would do it... instead of squeazing every little bit out of an edit tune I like to have a bit more head room!

  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted

This is my setup, Airfilter under the battery which works very well. After market IC and plenum was used to shorten the plumbing well over 2 meters!

Rob... :stirthepot:

post-4957-1133926997_thumb.jpg

post-4957-1133927033_thumb.jpg

post-4957-1133927127_thumb.jpg

  • Team Bute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
This is my setup, Airfilter under the battery which works very well. After market IC and plenum was used to shorten the plumbing well over 2 meters!

Rob... :stirthepot:

Hi there Mr Turbo

Your 1/4 mile time in your sig.... was that with the setup shown here...

Or was it with the full intake plumbing?

tom

(aka tubby/68vet and other expletives removed by mods!)

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

That looks how it was supposed to be... nice work :stirthepot:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
Posted
This is my setup, Airfilter under the battery which works very well. After market IC and plenum was used to shorten the plumbing well over 2 meters!

Rob... :stirthepot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What intake plenum is that? (Who is is made by)

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted
This is my setup, Airfilter under the battery which works very well. After market IC and plenum was used to shorten the plumbing well over 2 meters!

Rob... :blush:

Hi there Mr Turbo

Your 1/4 mile time in your sig.... was that with the setup shown here...

Or was it with the full intake plumbing?

tom

(aka tubby/68vet and other expletives removed by mods!)

Hey Tom,

The 11.5 1/4 time was with the Ford stock setup, plumbing and standard Intercooler. No one has come close to this time yet with the standard setup.

I'd love to see what it can do now, low 11's or maybe a high 10. But the big gamble is stock internals. Might be the first T to run 10's with standard internals, if they hold up :blush:

Rob...

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted
This is my setup, Airfilter under the battery which works very well. After market IC and plenum was used to shorten the plumbing well over 2 meters!

Rob... :blush:

What intake plenum is that? (Who is is made by)

Its a custom made plenum made by OMF Motorsport in Melbourne, One door down from G&D Performance in Cranbourne. They did the whole setup all at once and then tuned by HPF. Rob Vickery at HPF said that this setup is good for well over 400rwkw which will suit me fine :blush:

OMF Motorsport

John - 0402 029 227 (owner)

Rob - 0419 391 258

post-4957-1133997402_thumb.jpg

Guest FatBAt
  • Guests
Posted
I'm sure replacing the factory inlet manifolding has a benefit, but at what point? I've just squeezed out 330rwkw with the stock manifolding, with probably another 20rwkw to come.

Anyone care to comment?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think shortening the plumbing adds exrta KW's. I can see that it would reduce turbo lag (well the little amount we suffer from anyways). This in turn would increase say your 60' times. Over 400m.....not so much.

Again correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 24d
Posted (edited)

Remember there is pinching of the factory pipework as it passes through the front left of the engine bay, round to the intercooler- the reduced diameter of the pipe there causes a flow restriction for which extra boost must be generated to overcome.

Once the pipes are opened up (and have uiniform diameter throughout) you'll hit your target boost earlier as the turbo doesn't have as many restrictions to force air through. Thus spooling quicker and turning over turbo over slower for target boost (even if it is tuned to the same boost level).

There was a photo of a standed engine showing this somewhere, from a Ford display I thinK?

hmmm I'll look.

BK

Edited by bkofoed
Guest FatBAt
  • Guests
Posted
Remember there is pinching of the factory pipework as it passes through the front left of the engine bay, round to the intercooler- the reduced diameter of the pipe there causes a flow restriction for which extra boost must be generated to overcome.

Once the pipes are opened up (and have uiniform diameter throughout) you'll hit your target boost earlier as the turbo doesn't have as many restrictions to force air through.  Thus spooling quicker and turning over turbo over slower for target boost (even if it is tuned to the same boost level).

There was a photo of a standed engine showing this somewhere, from a Ford display I thinK? 

hmmm I'll look.

BK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that what I just said? :blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...