jonnyd1986 Member 29 Member For: 21y 4m 19d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/05/05 04:17 AM Posted 23/05/05 04:17 AM What blow off valves would fit the XR6 Turbo? Or Do they all fit? Mainly for the sound they make. I dont have a XR6 T... yet but just looking at things I could do with it when I get one. ThanksJon
BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 23/05/05 04:26 AM Posted 23/05/05 04:26 AM Hi JonI personally would not install one unless you exceeded the standard BOV level (which Im told is 12psi). Theres the whole warranty question which I suppose depends on the dealer and the standard BOV works quite effectively by directing the pressurised air back into the intake instead of the atmosphere. I think your $$$$ are better spent on air-intake mods or going towards an edit. Just my 2cents worth...There are plenty of threads on BOV's thoughCheersShane
xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 23/05/05 04:35 AM Posted 23/05/05 04:35 AM I have turbosmart on mine and works a treat,,,jeff
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 23/05/05 04:56 AM Posted 23/05/05 04:56 AM I have a cheapy from Dyno Wog's place, cost $100 but is very quiet, even on loudest setting (cause I wanna cruise around going woooosh and doooof dooof all day long )
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 23/05/05 06:36 AM Posted 23/05/05 06:36 AM I wouldnt fit a BOV id run no BOV at all you get better cooler noise then and no it doesnt hurt the turbo or engine there are 8 second vl turbos are with no BOVs on them at all
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 11d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 23/05/05 07:10 AM Posted 23/05/05 07:10 AM I wouldnt fit a BOV id run no BOV at all you get better cooler noise then and no it doesnt hurt the turbo or engine there are 8 second vl turbos are with no BOVs on them at allOk, you obviously don't understand what a BOV does.It releaves the manifold pressure when you ease off after high load. Without a BOV you put increased stress on the intake manifold and its components. It helps keep things under control allowing everything to work nice and happy....So no, you can't run sans-BOV on a street car. It is not designed to cope with the increased stress....
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/05/05 07:14 AM Posted 23/05/05 07:14 AM Here we go again
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/05/05 07:26 AM Posted 23/05/05 07:26 AM I wouldnt fit a BOV id run no BOV at all you get better cooler noise then and no it doesnt hurt the turbo or engine there are 8 second vl turbos are with no BOVs on them at all<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's right Adam for drag cars, and I think rally cars as well.If you keep your foot to the floor in a drag situation, especially where an auto is used, you want to keep the turbo spooling, and don't want any pressure release or boost drop that a BOV may cause... and so it's largely redundant.But for normal street use, where most people are opening and closing the throttle, the BOV helps protect the turbo compressor, which is desirable.brian
FR33DY Member 307 Member For: 21y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/05/05 07:35 AM Posted 23/05/05 07:35 AM What blow off valves would fit the XR6 Turbo? Or Do they all fit? Mainly for the sound they make. I dont have a XR6 T... yet but just looking at things I could do with it when I get one. ThanksJon<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi JonI got a Turbosmart , they make one for the XR6, its the 'Kompact' range, it took about 20 min to install and makes a great sound, it cost $290 and worth every cent
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 23/05/05 07:57 AM Posted 23/05/05 07:57 AM What blow off valves would fit the XR6 Turbo? Or Do they all fit? Mainly for the sound they make. I dont have a XR6 T... yet but just looking at things I could do with it when I get one. ThanksJon<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mate top notch one to get is the GFP StealthFX, its a direct replacement for the standard BOV and is adjustable from full vent to full plumb back with 14 settings.There's one on ebay for salehttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now