Which Blow Off Valves - Greddy , Hks, Blitz

jonnyd1986

• Member For: 18y 11m 15d

What blow off valves would fit the XR6 Turbo? Or Do they all fit? Mainly for the sound they make. I dont have a XR6 T... yet but just looking at things I could do with it when I get one. :spoton:

Thanks

Jon

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 6m 9d

Hi Jon

I personally would not install one unless you exceeded the standard BOV level (which Im told is 12psi). Theres the whole warranty question which I suppose depends on the dealer and the standard BOV works quite effectively by directing the pressurised air back into the intake instead of the atmosphere. I think your $$$$ are better spent on air-intake mods or going towards an edit. Just my 2cents worth...There are plenty of threads on BOV's though

Cheers

Shane

Guest mercurysteve
  • Guests

I have a cheapy from Dyno Wog's place, cost $100 but is very quiet, even on loudest setting (cause I wanna cruise around going woooosh and doooof dooof all day long :spoton: )

Guest xrtwpn
  • Guests

I wouldnt fit a BOV id run no BOV at all you get better cooler noise then and no it doesnt hurt the turbo or engine there are 8 second vl turbos are with no BOVs on them at all

• Wanabe mechanical engineer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 7d
I wouldnt fit a BOV id run no BOV at all you get better cooler noise then and no it doesnt hurt the turbo or engine there are 8 second vl turbos are with no BOVs on them at all

Ok, you obviously don't understand what a BOV does.

It releaves the manifold pressure when you ease off after high load. Without a BOV you put increased stress on the intake manifold and its components. It helps keep things under control allowing everything to work nice and happy....

So no, you can't run sans-BOV on a street car. It is not designed to cope with the increased stress....

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's right Adam for drag cars, and I think rally cars as well.

If you keep your foot to the floor in a drag situation, especially where an auto is used, you want to keep the turbo spooling, and don't want any pressure release or boost drop that a BOV may cause... and so it's largely redundant.

But for normal street use, where most people are opening and closing the throttle, the BOV helps protect the turbo compressor, which is desirable.

brian

• Member For: 19y 2m
What blow off valves would fit the XR6 Turbo? Or Do they all fit? Mainly for the sound they make. I dont have a XR6 T... yet but just looking at things I could do with it when I get one.  :jerry:

Thanks

Jon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jon

I got a Turbosmart , they make one for the XR6, its the 'Kompact' range, it took about 20 min to install and makes a great sound, it cost $290 and worth every cent

• Member For: 20y 10m 5d
What blow off valves would fit the XR6 Turbo? Or Do they all fit? Mainly for the sound they make. I dont have a XR6 T... yet but just looking at things I could do with it when I get one.  :jerry:

Thanks

Jon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mate top notch one to get is the GFP StealthFX, its a direct replacement for the standard BOV and is adjustable from full vent to full plumb back with 14 settings.

There's one on ebay for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1